Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Count

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
13209 Views, 8 Replies

Schedule Count

Hello, I have a situation where I have different components in my projects. Some of these components I have used multiple times. On my schedule each of the components have their rows even the duplicates(each of the multiple times ones).

What I want is for each component to have just one row, so if they are used multiple times the count only should be the one to increase.

I looked at the following:

https://www.revitforum.org/architecture-general-revit-questions/10386-schedule-count-question.html

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/scheduling-assemblies-count-field/m-p/620497...

However when I apply the same solution by unchecking itemize every instance, I get only 1 row. One row representative of all my components.

Just a bit of background,all my components were made using metric generic model, the type mark box is empty.

Thank you in advance,

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Sahay_R
in reply to: Anonymous

Generic Models can be moved over to different categories. That will solve your problems.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Sahay_R

Thank you for your reply, how do I do this? Do I go into the individual family, highlight them and change a particular setting in properties?

Thank you in advance,

Message 4 of 9
Sahay_R

Yes. Open the individual family and change the Categories

Capture.JPG

Generic Models can be changed over to most categories, except Mass. This should solve your problem.

If you could mark my reply as an accepted solution, that would be great. Thank you!

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 5 of 9
artejon

To change a category you have to edit a family and pick Category from Create panel.

If you want your components to stay as generic models then you can also try to sort your schedule by family/type or any other parameter.

Revit add-ins: CAD Purger (delete UNUSED and selected line patterns & line styles, find and delete CAD), Rooms To Spaces, Schedule Utilities (Calculated Values/Combined Parameters To Tags, reuse view filter rules in schedule filters), View Filter Manager at Revit Apps Store
Message 6 of 9
ToanDN

@Anonymous

Read the​ attached PDF for a better understanding how schedules work.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Have you set the "Count" field to calculate totals in the formatting tab?

Screenshot_031517_123809_AM.jpg

Message 8 of 9
Alisder.Brown

Hey

What are you sorting your schedule by?

The "itemize every instance" option, when unpicked, will group them by whatever is in your "Sorting/Grouping" tab within your schedule. See image below. This is sorting rooms by their level, then their Department (as an example)

Schedule.JPG

I hope this helps 🙂

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you for the replies and answers much appreciated. I pretty much got to the solution using the same logic @Alisder.Brown

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators