Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate & Copy Doubles Rotation Angle

40 REPLIES 40
Message 1 of 41
rmarkowitz
4653 Views, 40 Replies

Rotate & Copy Doubles Rotation Angle

When I rotate an item in Revit using the rotate command and I want to make a copy, the new instance of the item appears 2x the angle that I entered. If I want to rotate and make a copy of something at 45°, I must type in 22.5 as the rotation angle.

Is anyone else having this problem? It's not the worst problem in the world but is sure is annoying...

Thanks!

Tags (3)
40 REPLIES 40
Message 21 of 41

Geez, I hope this stuff isn't on the test. Where do I find the Cliff Notes for this thread?  he, he. 

Message 22 of 41

Okay, thanks...that cleared it up for me. I misunderstood why you were changing the workplane status, that it was the relevant part. Yes, I see the same thing now. Weird quirk.

Edit: I tried it in 2016, it does it there too. It's been with us awhile apparently. I guess we need to remember to enter half the rotation angle we really want, use Mirror, or Polar array instead 😉 [ducking]

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 23 of 41

I found a post from 2015 about Light Fixtures which is possibly the very same issue, so it has indeed been around a while.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/rotate-copy-light-fixtures/m-p/9165829#M2616...

Maybe this screenshot is less confusing. No response from Autodesk however.

Message 24 of 41
rmarkowitz
in reply to: rmarkowitz

Has there been any help from Autodesk on this?

Message 25 of 41
SteveKStafford

Bug still with us in 2021

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 26 of 41
rmichel1
in reply to: SteveKStafford

Bug still here in 2022 as well. Over 2 years later.

Message 27 of 41
rmarkowitz
in reply to: rmichel1

I am now working in Revit 2022 and somehow this problem got worse - it now happens even without "copy" selected. @Anonymous really needs to look into this...

Message 28 of 41
RyanCameron

Ever try just holding CTRL while you rotate and then just typing in the angle? Far less clicking.

RB Cameron, AIA, LEED AP, EDAC
Digital Practice Leader

Message 29 of 41
rmarkowitz
in reply to: RyanCameron

Not really related to the problem...

Sometimes you're after a specific angle, sometimes you're trying to align to existing geometry.

Message 30 of 41
Arno.delange

i still having this problem in 2023.. maybe it is because it is still an old file that has been upgraded.. but it is very annoying that this hasn;t been solved in any updates

Message 31 of 41
iarc_kwpark

Try with unchecked Disjoin.

But I don't know why this check causes 2x angled Rotation..

iarc_kwpark_1-1698148247199.png

Message 32 of 41

this is my work around

Message 33 of 41
rob
Explorer
in reply to: iarc_kwpark

Thanks. This is the only rotation workaround for workplane based mass families that i've found that works. I have yet to try modifying/ adding the origin ref. planes. or adding a rotation parameter.
Message 34 of 41

My coworker is having the same issue, seems to only be problematic on his Revit.  The rest of the office doesnt have that issue. Every time he rotates and object revit doubles the amount specified.  Just curious if anyone has a solution?

Message 35 of 41

I still have the same problem, had it in 2023 and now with the update to 2024 the problem is still there.. 
The problem is some it does do doubles and sometimes it doesn;t it is very strange.. 

sorry i have not found a solution yet

Message 36 of 41

Well sorry to hear you are still having the same problem.  We were able to do a clean uninstall and then reinstall of Revit last night on my coworkers machine, and that seemed to have fixed the double rotation problem.  He was having the issue on Revit 2024.   Hope this might help you out if you have not tried an uninstall/reinstall.

Message 37 of 41

i did a complete clean install, because 2024.2 gave trouble installing so removed everything including registry.

but still the problem is there.. but only sometimes

Message 38 of 41
ToanDN
in reply to: Arno.delange

@Arno.delange wrote:

i did a complete clean install, because 2024.2 gave trouble installing so removed everything including registry.

but still the problem is there.. but only sometimes

Uncheck this box when Rotate.

ToanDN_0-1712733467355.png

Message 39 of 41

Same problem here. Face based family on a reference plane. Rotation angle is doubled. If I disable 'Disjoin' then the tool behaves as expected.

Message 40 of 41

This is a recurrent problem since I started working in Revit. There may be 2 families created the same way, and both behave differently. Whenever it happens, I just type half the amount for easy numbers, or "=<N>/2" for something more specific

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report