Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate a door panel

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
1844 Views, 16 Replies

Rotate a door panel

Hello, 

I trying to rotate the door because when I insert then in curtain wall put one in a side and the other in the other. 

I can't use arrows right/left as in pic 2. 

I've try to modify the family without a good result because rotate th panel in family the handle go out of panel.

How can I do?

Rvt attached.

Thank's

1.jpg2.jpg

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I can't open your file, it says it contains incorrect schema. Which Revit version did you create it in?

Message 3 of 17
Alan.johnson1970

I cant open file either, can you attach another copy.

Thanks

AJ.
Message 4 of 17
martijn_pater

Seems like you're using a curtain wall and cw panel, you can replace it with one that turns the other way. The control is probably not useable, because you have an offset to the panel which would place it outside the door... ?

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Alan.johnson1970

Now?

Don't  know if are damage inside some file. 

Message 6 of 17
martijn_pater

Added a control in other direction in the family. Load attached into project.
edit: ow renamed it, just use the same as in your project, just rename is as it was Anta Singola_sx_addedcontrol.rfa

(or replace the panel family)

Message 7 of 17
Alan.johnson1970

As martijn said just add in/out and left /right flip control

flip door.JPG

AJ.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Alan.johnson1970

@Alan.johnson1970  how can I do to create an other copy of the project?

If do copy/paste i haven't level and room tag etc...

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous

@Alan.johnson1970 @Anonymous 

if you view the project attached in this message I redo the curtain wall from here.

Otherwise next time i reattahced the project it isn't readable.

Thank's

Message 10 of 17
martijn_pater

@Anonymous Either download and rename the file I attached in post#6 to its original family name and reload into the project. Or try to edit the family yourself, then create and add a flip control to it in the other direction.

Or was that a new question? Not sure what youre asking in post#8, seems like you are trying to copy everything in a new file and are missing some families etc...? You could transfer project standards from the original under manage tab, but why not just save as new file?

Message 11 of 17
s.borello

use spacebar before you click to place your door family. 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: s.borello

@martijn_pater I notice revit have a problem and that I use is a recovery file so is for this maybe the other can't open the file. 

i donwload from new the file in a previous post but is my curiosity undrestand how can I do if I have to move a project in an other file. 

When I tryed before more of the part are pinned so i can't transfer in an other.

You say "You could transfer project standards from the original under manage tab" in which way please?

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous

@Alan.johnson1970 @martijn_pater 

I achieve on the goal but in my family if click on it there isn't your menu "double horizontal"

Attached the family

1.jpg

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous

@s.borello spacebar is to change from inside to outside and vice-versa. 

Not right/left.

Message 15 of 17
s.borello

My bad, that's what I thought you wanted to do... good luck!

Message 16 of 17
martijn_pater

@Anonymous Try opening the file and click audit when doing this (below left) if your file won't open.

When editing the family, to add a flip control left/right, click on create, click control under control tab, then click control type double horizontal, then click the position to show in the family. This is how I edited the family file I attached above.

Message 17 of 17
RDAOU

@Anonymous wrote:

@Alan.johnson1970 @martijn_pater 

I achieve on the goal but in my family if click on it there isn't your menu "double horizontal"

Attached the family

See the animated gif capture below

Add door flip Left Right.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report