Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoomBook Id of revit element

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
amir.aroesti
349 Views, 1 Reply

RoomBook Id of revit element

hi,

i try to use RoomBook extension and looking the option to find out if it possible to add  the Revit element Id of every element exported report . (not talking about the RoomBook Id number).

i want the option to use "select by id" of element that shows on the list.

another question , see the section bellow

(1) wall , (2) ceiling , (3) soffit , (4) ceiling.

2020-05-27 11_03_10-Autodesk Revit 2020 - [Project1 - Section_ Section 1].png

when i use roombook i get only element 1,2 and not 3,4 . am i missing something?  is it something with the setting that i didnt find out?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @amir.aroesti 

I see in your file that the Roombook tracks  "only" 8 walls and 2 ceilings, so 4 soffit walls + a ceiling are missing.  The main thing is that the roombook considers the bounding surfaces on the computation height of the room's level. In your sample it was set to 0 this is why the higher walls are ignored. This happens not because of the type soffit (check it simple to change one of the calculated wall to soffit it will work), but because of the position. If you change the computation height to 3000 then the higher cut walls will be listed.

I am afraid currently it is a limitation. I see that it would be ideal to be able to see the element ids in the roombook as well (to identify the calculated elements more easily), but unfortunately there is no such setting in Roombook currently.

I would encourage you to submit your ideas in the Revit Ideastation.

Orsolya Balazs
Product Support Analyst - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report