Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulling model size / number of errors

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mark.mountain
272 Views, 4 Replies

Pulling model size / number of errors

I have an ambition to show on my opening page in revit the model size, and the number of errors in the model. Aware this can be manually typed, or a dynamo script can be ran to do this. Or if you want to get your hands dirty you can mess with the API. BUT ideally I'm hoping this can be automated. human nature. we're a lazy species. if expecting people to manually type it, or run a dynamo script. they will be instances when someone forgets. Messing with the API would also be a potentially painful process having to likely update it / check compatibility with each new service pack release. 

The goal is these can be on the opening screen in revit as a visual indicator of model health. Hoping someone else has thought of this and knows of a solution / workaround to achieve the above. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
a_meteni
in reply to: mark.mountain

We’re using splash screen to reflect only constant project data (i.e. project name/number ,type ,number of floors ,BUA …..) there’re also two additional cells for manually typed data for project info and news but it's never been filled! Regarding the model size, it’s already displayed as metadata in the recent files list or the Open dialog box. Regarding number of errors, I definitely would NOT like to send the model to the client with the number of errors displayed on the opening page 🙂

Message 3 of 5
mark.mountain
in reply to: a_meteni

yeah we have a script that strips models before issuing. it would remove this info that I have in mind.  We have similar on our opening screen. you fill in info regarding the project data and it populates throughout the whole model where needed. 

Also choose if you are using NBS chorus linked to the model or NBS create for specifications, it will adjust the tags to point to the correct parameters. 

Its just the above mentioned file info and errors I'd like something to automatically keep track of and highlight to all. get more people aware these are things to keep an eye on.  was going to also include a "teams comment area" so those working on the model finding regular mistakes can put comments for others opening the model to see. eg "use filters not hatch regions" etc etc. (yes it still annoyingly happens).

Message 4 of 5
a_meteni
in reply to: mark.mountain

That’s absolutely great! But keep in mind that some users will not synch with central in this view while others are not setting it as a starting view.

Message 5 of 5
mark.mountain
in reply to: a_meteni

true. I can set it to always be the view that opens  every time they first open the project in the morning though. So if there's re-occurring issues they can be highlighted there to make everyone aware. see we work across several offices. people tend not to call to say "hey you've done this wrong" people were more open to this as an option to highlight issues though. 90% of BIM work is managing human behaviour! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators