Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Tags in different plans

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
DesignersEdgeAdmin
2093 Views, 2 Replies

Room Tags in different plans

Drafting a new project with Floor Plan, RCP, Furniture Plan, etc.

I am placing a room tag and area tag with information containing Room Name, Ceiling Height, and Floor Type. I want to have the Room Name and Floor Type appear in the Floor Plan, and have the Room Name and Ceiling Height appear in the RCP Plan.

I'm trying to have 1 tag/annotation that appears in all views, in all plans, with minor adjustments to what appears.

I've only seen Room Tags that appear one one plan but doesn't have the option to appear in any other plan without placing a brand new tag in every view.

Is there a way to make a Room Tag that will show different information from plan to plan, but remain in the same location?

Labels (6)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: DesignersEdgeAdmin

You can create Room tag family, add different labels, and use visibility parameters to turn them on/off for different types. Or simply create different families altogether if that is easier for you. Place room tags in one plan (A), select all and paste aligned to other plans (B, C, etc), then select all in plan (B) and change to a different type...
Message 3 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: DesignersEdgeAdmin

No, a Tag is a 2D (annotation) element, meaning they are view dependent. So you will have to crate them in each view.

(only dependent views will show the same tag. If you wna tthem in the same location then you can try the following. Setup one view with the tags. Then copy/paste all tags to other views. Both views need the objects (e.g rooms) to be visible to work. After copying you could select a diifferent room tag type if needed

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators