Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

room tag levle

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
BIM_Dreamer
2679 Views, 14 Replies

room tag levle

hi, is there anyway that can automatic change the floor level once you place the room tag into the room which means can read the finish level? thank you

ROOMTAG.JPG

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: BIM_Dreamer

i think tou can use base offset.

1.JPG

Message 3 of 15
Sahay_R

Yes. When you create a label in the room tag family, you can pick the Level parameter.

However, this will only read the name of the level (First Floor, Second Floor etc) and not the elevation. One solution would be to name the levels by their elevation. 

Besides this, the only other solution would be to create a text instance based shared parameter and add it to the room tag family and create a label for it. Also add this shared parameter to the project, associated to Rooms. You will see this parameter in the room's properties. The only disadvantage would be that you will need to manually enter the floor level. 

Good luck!

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 4 of 15
BIM_Dreamer
in reply to: Anonymous

hi, sorry your answer is not appropriate to the question. thank you

Message 5 of 15
BIM_Dreamer
in reply to: Sahay_R

hi, are you kind enough to show me with video so i can understand better. thank you

Message 6 of 15
Sahay_R

Which version of Revit are you using?

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 7 of 15
BIM_Dreamer

Revit 2018 or any version will do. thank you

Message 8 of 15
BIM_Dreamer

@Sahay_Rhi, any updates. thanks

Message 9 of 15
Sahay_R

HI @BIM_Dreamer

Take a look at these screencasts

Create Room Tag with Levels

https://autode.sk/2DS07p9

Craeate Room Tag with Elevations

https://autode.sk/2G8u4n9

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 10 of 15
Corsten.Au

Are you trying to extract Finish floor level using Rooms Properties or the Finish floor level from the Floor which is present in that room?

Corsten
Building Designer
Message 11 of 15
BIM_Dreamer
in reply to: Corsten.Au

yes, is that possible with room finishes and room ventillation. thanks

Message 12 of 15
BIM_Dreamer

@Sahay_Rso kind of you, thank you, but i think you miss understood my question. i wanted i room tag that when you drag into a room it will give you the automatic floor level number of that floor and not the name of level and also not a parameter text that you need to to keyin the floor level number. thank you

Message 13 of 15
Corsten.Au

Room Properties.JPG

Hi..

1. Room itself doesn't have a " Elevation " " FFL" parameter inbuilt... only Level association can be extracted using " Level ".

If you want Room tag to show FFL, I feel you can use " COMMENT " Parameter ( or you might create a shared parameter ) and fill 

in Elevation like " FFL.520 " . and your room tag can show that..

2. Default Elevation tag shows up only for 3d elements, like top of floor, walls, anything 3d...

and Rooms are 3d but their purpose is to get other parameters like Base Finish, Ceiling Finish, Floor Finish, Name, Occupancy etc which are shown in Room Parameters..

Cheers!

Corsten
Building Designer
Message 14 of 15
Sahay_R

@BIM_Dreamer - Revit tags are still not smart enough to read the actual elevation value. Many people have asked this question before you and have received the same answer. The only workarounds are what @Corsten.Au and I have suggested. You can rename your levels to whatever it is that you want to see in the tag. Any one of these options will work. 

For room finishes - follow the Shared Parameters approach from my second screencast if you want the materials to show up in the tag. If you only want materials and finishes to show up only in the schedule, then you can do without the Shared Parameter, just create the required Project Parameters and follow the procedure from there.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite

Message 15 of 15

Thankss ! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators