Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room no longer showing in plan views

66 REPLIES 66
SOLVED
Message 1 of 67
Anonymous
31969 Views, 66 Replies

Room no longer showing in plan views

When opening my project the other day two of the rooms and room tags had disappeared in all of the plan views in the project. When I try to tag these rooms it give me an error message saying that these elements are not visible in this view. I cut a section through those rooms and the rooms are there, they are set to the right level and go up to the ceiling so they are being cut in the plan view but still not showing up. I made a new plan view with default visibility graphics and still nothing. I checked the worksets and the rooms are on the correct workset, I also turned all of the worksets on in the view and I still can't see them. I also checked the phases and the rooms are assigned to the correct phase as well. I am officially out of ideas and any help would be appreciated.

66 REPLIES 66
Message 61 of 67
ToanDN
in reply to: dipti.ukey

@dipti.ukey wrote:

is the problem solved..I am also facing same issue.

All the Rooms have same constraints but only one room is not visible in Plan view, i can see it in section.

I tried and checked everything as below :

Worksets

View-Range

Filters

Generating New Plan View in case View is corrupted

deleting and placing new room

but No Luck...

I suggest to create your own topic and show your plan to get a better answer.

Message 62 of 67

I did same workaround of drawing Room Separation Lines. when I drew Room separation lines, surprisingly, all the tags and Rooms re-appeared.

I think its Revit bug which needs to be fixed by the developers.

Thank you for your response.

Message 63 of 67
Gina.Chavarriaga
in reply to: cholden

This worked for me! Thank you!
Message 64 of 67
phLB628
in reply to: Anonymous

This may be an old thread, but it's a current issue - Thanks for finidng the solution. 

As ever, with AutoDesk products, do something silly and it will comply.....start drawing room separators, ignoring REVIT's notification of overlaps and hey-presto! the room magically appears. Even though it's already in existence in other views!

Message 65 of 67
mhiserZFHXS
in reply to: phLB628

There's something else going on with that. I'm guessing its a phasing issue. The rooms wouldn't appear correctly in one view and not another if things are set up normally. My bet is there is a room separation line in a later phase, and you are working in an earlier phase.

Message 66 of 67
phLB628

Actually, I think you're onto something! Some of the rooms I'm having issue with are within an existing building being re-fitted. There are "existing" phase walls which form part of the "completed". 

However, I have tried switching the phasing to see if I can then see the room on this particular layout - this, unfortunately, didn't change anything. 

Message 67 of 67
gabriela_parraGCX8Z

June 2024

This just happened to me, exactly as you described...

I fixed it by creating a small room within the messed-up room, all of a sudden, all the tags and rooms I had tried to place that wouldn't show up, showed up in that small room. I just enlarged the small room to be the same size as the messed-up room and it was good as before.

*Note to not forget to hotkey 'MA' the previous walls to your new walls so they are the same, and not forget ratings of the previous walls to add to new walls. Hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report