Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room: Name parameter not showing when object is in multiple locations

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
gnarkill283
2805 Views, 13 Replies

Room: Name parameter not showing when object is in multiple locations

I have a schedule for furniture with the room: name parameter to show the location of the furniture but if that furniture shows up in more than one location, the field is left blank. I can't seem to edit this parameter. What can I do to show multiple locations. Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Sahay_R
in reply to: gnarkill283

Try this - edit the furniture family. There is something called a room calculation point which may need to be moved.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 14
Sahay_R

Try this - edit and duplicate the furniture family. There is something called a room calculation point which may need to be moved.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

This is not an unusual behavior for fields when you multi-select.  Is your schedule set up to "Itemize every instance"?

Message 5 of 14
ToanDN

How do you group the furniture schedule?  Show a screenshot of the Sorting and Grouping dialog.  

Message 6 of 14
gnarkill283
in reply to: ToanDN

see attachment

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Yup.  You're schedule isn't set to "Itemize every instance" so the behavior isn't unexpected.  You can see it in the properties pallet as well if you click on multiple instances of the type(s).  Unless there's a trick I can learn here as well, you'll either have to set your schedule to itemize or perhaps try using Key Schedules (clicky).

What key schedules will do is allow you to create "Sets" then attach a "Set" to the room.  They're commonly used for something like Hardware Sets for Doors or standardized finish combinations for Room Schedules.  I would think you should be able to apply the concept to this though.

Message 8 of 14
ToanDN

Make "ID" or " Description" the 1st Grouping and "Room: Name " the 2nd Grouping.  With that, you don't need to Itemized every Instance.

Below are example of different Sorting/Group scenario:

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Message 9 of 14
gnarkill283

like this? I don' want to see multiple IDs of the same type though - is that the only way?

Message 10 of 14
ToanDN

@gnarkill283 wrote:

like this? I don' want to see multiple IDs of the same type though - is that the only way?

What you want is similar to the 3rd option in my previous post, but I don't think you can combine several identical cells into one without setting it as a header.

Set the Type Mark field as Hidden (or right click on the column header and Hide it.  Check the Header box fro your 1st "Sort by:" to show the Type Mark as a header instead of in every cell in the schedule.

Capture.PNG

Message 11 of 14
gnarkill283

Thanks although that still repeats info a lot and makes my schedule very big. So there really is no parameter that can list multiple room locations in one schedule field for an object?

Message 12 of 14
ToanDN

Try: 1st sort by Type mark, 2nd sort by Description, 3rd sort by Room name. Hide Type mark and Description columns.

If you don't have a lot of Rooms then you can try Sort by Room first, which is the second option I showed above. I think it would be the cleanest.
Message 13 of 14
chrisplyler

@gnarkill283 wrote:

Thanks although that still repeats info a lot and makes my schedule very big. So there really is no parameter that can list multiple room locations in one schedule field for an object?

Nope.

Unless there is some way to use Dynamo to concatenate multiple values into a single text type parameter that you create.

Message 14 of 14

@Sahay_R

This one worked for my case, in which I was facing a problem where I couldn't see the room name of an element in the schedule view even if the element exists in a single room. So, by using Sahay's demonstration I am now able to see all the elements' room name parameter. Thankyou

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report