Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room boundaries to wall axis with color-sheme

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
S_Amini4buck
262 Views, 4 Replies

Room boundaries to wall axis with color-sheme

Hello!

I am new to Revit (2024) and my english (I am german) is not the best but I try to explain my problem:

I am working on a model with diffrent variations. Groundfloor (6 variations) and topfloor (2 variations) are working fine with rooms and a modified color-sheme.

The floor in between is not working like the others. The room boundaries and the color of the room ends with the wall axis. I tried many things, nothing helped. (e.g. deleting everything and rebuilding, checked hights, checked variation and visibility, and so on...) 

If I use the room boundary line it will look good as shown in the attachment but this can´t be the solution!

Section-cut and everything seems to be alright.

I guess i forgot to check or uncheck a checkbox or something else??

i appriciate any suggestions

GERMAN:

Hallo! Ich bin neu bei Revit (2024) und mein Englisch ist nicht das beste, aber ich versuche mein Problem zu erklären: Ich arbeite an einem Modell mit verschiedenen Variationen. Erdgeschoss (6 Varianten) und Obergeschoss (2 Varianten) passen gut zu den Räumen und einem veränderten Farbschema. Der Boden dazwischen funktioniert nicht wie die anderen. Die Raumgrenzen und die Farbe des Raumes enden mit der Wandachse. Ich habe vieles versucht, nichts hat geholfen. (z. B. alles löschen und neu erstellen, Höhen überprüfen, Variation und Sichtbarkeit überprüfen usw.) Wenn ich die Raumbegrenzungslinie verwende, sieht es wie im Anhang gezeigt gut aus, aber das kann nicht die Lösung sein! Schnittansichten und alles weitere scheint in Ordnung zu sein. Ich glaube, ich habe vergessen, ein Kontrollkästchen oder etwas anderes zu aktivieren oder zu deaktivieren Ich freue mich über alle Vorschläge

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello, 

It seems that one of the views is in wireframe mode and the others are using hidden lines. If it is in wireframe, you will see the walls transparent, showing the boundaries of rooms. There is a setting about calculation of areas using center of walls versus face of wall but that does seem to be the issue in this case. 

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
hmunsell
in reply to: S_Amini4buck

Is the area where the boundary is cutting in by any chance where there is a curtain wall?

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5

Hello Alfredo_Medina! your first suggestion is right and solved the problem! Thank you very much!
Transparency is the keyword! According to your suggestion i did following:
transparency by override disabled, switched into any other view style and back to "hidden lines"... now it is just like the other floors...
Message 5 of 5
S_Amini4buck
in reply to: hmunsell

Hello hmunsell, thank you for your suggestion! The solution is like Alfredo said -> transparency in graphic-override!
By the way: the curtain wall worked in the other floors...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report