Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Worksets

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jszymborska
351 Views, 6 Replies

Revit Worksets

Hi there, I'm trying to figure out how to move dimensions to a separate workset. Is it possible?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RSomppi
in reply to: jszymborska

@jszymborska wrote:

Hi there, I'm trying to figure out how to move dimensions to a separate workset.

Why?

Message 3 of 7
jszymborska
in reply to: RSomppi

Because I was asked to do so.. Just wonder if it's possible?

Message 4 of 7

Dimensions are not model elements. Therefore they pertain to the view where they are created. They have a workset property that is grayed out, which is the name of the view. If you don´t want to see them, just hide the category.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 7
RSomppi
in reply to: jszymborska

There has to be a reason for it. 

The simple answer is no. They cannot be assigned to a workset. If you tell us why you need it, there may be another solution.

Message 6 of 7

I think it will be better if you'll create a View Template without dimensions....and then apply it to desired Views

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
jszymborska
in reply to: RSomppi

I was just looking for a straight answer (yes or no), couldn't see one anywhere. So thank you for this.
I have another solution, just made new vie template and turned their visibility off. I had to hide them for a submission and my manager asked if I can put them on new workset.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators