Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Template

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
786 Views, 5 Replies

Revit Template

Hello everyone,

I'm a student from Italy and I'm developing my thesis project on Revit. Being at the end is hard and I'm trying to guess which is the best way to present my drawings directly from Revit. So I'm asking do you have a custom template that setups each lineweight everytime you change the scale, and as well for hatches or others? Do you have any suggestion to download a ready one? 

Thank you for our further answers.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Set up a view the way that you would like it to display.  Then use the view to create a view template that can be applied to other views (in the same category). 

Note that the line-weights are controlled for scale.  You can set or change them by going to Manage, Additional settings, Line-weights, where you can set the line-weights for each scale.

For hatches, note that there are two types.  The drafting regions adjust to the scale, so that 2mm horizontal lines will display as being 2mm apart, regardless of scale.  Model patterns keep the same spacing, so brickwork coursing of 75mm will show that and adjust to the scale.

If you are doing an architectural presentation, also look at the Graphic Display options (under Visual Style).  There are options there to get quite nice visual effects for architectural presentations.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Dear TimELZ49,

Thank you for your reply. As far as I'm already working on the settings you told me, probably I didn't explain myself properly. I'm trying to understand if there is a standard way to display drawings in the architectural field: I already changed the default lineweights (absolutely out of scale), and I'm working on a custom view model but, is there any standard view template that is well studied and perfectly fit an architectural purpose? 

Thank you again

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

No, there is no standard or perfect architectural presentation.  Each architect has their own preferences and ideas as to how an architectural presentation should look.

I would suggest referring to architectural journals to see how other architects present their work.  Use these ideas to develop your own style and refine this until (in your opinion) it is perfect.

Message 5 of 6
Redrunner92

There are many ways to make a drawing look architectural, though there are some helpful resources which people have made to provide reasoning for how to make drawings look more clear and well-defined. One such resource I have found useful is the line weights article at LifeOfAnArchitect.com. He provides a summary of some common topics which are covered in more detail in countless architectural graphics textbooks such as those by Francis Ching (whose books I have also found quite helpful).

Message 6 of 6
barthbradley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators