Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit tags

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
ikocev
1853 Views, 26 Replies

Revit tags

Hello guys, have you ever experienced a problem to tag properly a revit element?

What I am talking about is that- for instance I have a shared family with "mark" value set to 1, nevertheless when I try to tag this element the tag show a different number not 1. Please see attached screenshots for more information.

I have attached the family properties so you will see there the set value 1. 

Thank you very much.  

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
ikocev
in reply to: ToanDN

Done.

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous

I don't see any issues with the tag or family, but I can't replicate what you all are experiencing. 

Every new instance I copy or place has a blank Mark.  But it is the Mark that is showing in the tag.

First: Please make sure there are no two copies of the family in the same place or nearby.

Step 2: In your model click on the placed tag (in the label portion) it should open a table of the parameters and values (see attached)

psemrau_0-1592952344108.jpeg

Message 23 of 27
ToanDN
in reply to: ikocev

Your nested family is not shown on Plan/RCP so obviously you are tagging the rack, not the equipment.  Check the box below and reload it, then TAB when tag to make sure you pick the equipment, not the rack.

ToanDN_0-1592952721639.png

ToanDN_0-1592952816738.png

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 24 of 27
ikocev
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks mate!!! That helped, I have completely forgotten that we can change the value from there. 

Obviously when I am in a big hurry, some things get out of my head :))

That is the only way for me to change the mark value, change it from the nested family does not work for some reason.

Thanks again. Much appreciated. 

Message 25 of 27
ikocev

I want these tags on Elevation view. Plan/Rcp is off for a reason but thanks again. 

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: ikocev

Be careful though, it seems that Mark is coming from another family or host.  Make sure changing the parameter from the tag doesn't mess up other things.

Message 27 of 27
ikocev
in reply to: Anonymous

Yeah it says duplicate mark values but I suppose that is ok, I can ignore it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators