Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit tags

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
ikocev
1859 Views, 26 Replies

Revit tags

Hello guys, have you ever experienced a problem to tag properly a revit element?

What I am talking about is that- for instance I have a shared family with "mark" value set to 1, nevertheless when I try to tag this element the tag show a different number not 1. Please see attached screenshots for more information.

I have attached the family properties so you will see there the set value 1. 

Thank you very much.  

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
barthbradley
in reply to: ikocev

Marks are meant to be unique per placement INSTANCE. You'll get Project Warnings if Marks are the same.  What about a TYPE mark? 

Message 3 of 27
ikocev
in reply to: barthbradley

I tried to change mark value and still the tag is not changing, it shows a number "1039" that I am trying to understand where it comes from, I don't have such a number in my entire family. 

Message 4 of 27
barthbradley

Oh! I misunderstood you. So the Tag is reporting a Parameter Value that is not the same as the Parameter Value of the element it is Tagging. Is that about the size of it? Is the Tag Label referencing the EXACT SAME Shared Parameter that the element is referencing?  THE EXACT SAME ONE? Same names don't count. 

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous

Check the tag, it is possibly pulling data from from another parameter as a suffix. 

Select the tag > edit family > select the Label (text) click Edit in the properties window > Check the parameters that are displayed > double check the suffix column.

Hope this helps

Message 6 of 27
ikocev

Correct - the Tag is reporting a Parameter Value that is not the same as the Parameter Value of the element it is Tagging - see attached screenshot.

It should read "01" at the end because this counts if I have more than 1 of this type of electrical equipment. In this case

I have only 1 but somehow it gets a different number. 

My families are shared and I am careful when I tag one so everything should be fine like it is with the other elements there as you can see on the screenshot. 

Message 7 of 27
ikocev
in reply to: Anonymous

Everything seems ok

Perhaps if there is a problem with the tag suffix all elements of this type should have the same issue?

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous

If they use the same tag, I would say yes.

Just curious if you copy that family and tag the new instance, will the mystery number be the same?

Double check the tag label, make sure you are only getting the Mark parameter.

Message 9 of 27
barthbradley

Can you post the Tag and the Family is it Tagging in the Project?  

Message 10 of 27
ikocev
in reply to: Anonymous

I have copied and tagged the family twice - numbers this time are 1039 and 1037 for the two copied families. 

I still don't get where they come from, it is strange. 

Message 11 of 27
ikocev

here you go.

Message 12 of 27
ToanDN

If a shared family is nested in some other families, you need to TAB to pick the correct one when you tag it.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 13 of 27
ikocev
in reply to: ToanDN

That is exactly what I do, thanks anyway. 

Message 14 of 27
barthbradley

Your family and tag work like a champ for me.  Revit's built-in intelligence is carrying on the Mark numbering based on the last Mark Value.  If I enter 1033, the next Tag placed reads 1034 and so on and so forth.  

1Mark.png

Message 15 of 27
ToanDN

Select a parent family instance and see what its Mark say. Does it match the tag?

Toan Nguyen
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 16 of 27
ikocev

It does not work for me tough. 

Message 17 of 27
ikocev
in reply to: ToanDN

Parent family mark value is "1" and does not match with the nested families that I am trying to tag, obviously the nested family tag shows 1042

Message 18 of 27
barthbradley

The family you posted contains no nested families. Are you saying that this  family you posted is nested into another?  And it is that Family you are Tagging in the Project?  

If so, post that Family to test. 

Message 19 of 27
ToanDN

Share the parent family as well.

Toan Nguyen

EESignature

Message 20 of 27
ikocev

Obviously it works fine when it is not nested family. I tried to tag it without the parent family and it is ok. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators