Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Local File Back-up

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
bozandilistan
16222 Views, 6 Replies

Revit Local File Back-up

Hi.

When saving the local file, its not created projectname.0001 back up .rvt file.(for worksharing model).

When i detached the model and make it non-workshared file, it creates projectname.00001 files. 

I checked file save options andmaximum back-ups indicated as 30.

How can i fix it?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Sahay_R
in reply to: bozandilistan

Normally the central would back itself up to a predefined location - possibly somewhere on your C: drive. You might want to check there.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 7
kadmonkee

1. if you open and detach a central file and preserve worksets it will allow you to create a new (copy) workshared Central Model.

2. if you detach and discard Worksets, this will crate a NON workshared standalone model.

method 2 will append PROJECT NAME.001.rvt

you can customize your Revit User Interface to gain better control over how you access locations.

NOTE: the path location for all my local files [Default Path for User Files]

i place it her for ease of access

you can remove all template files and point to your companies location by selecting the ADD button.

change your Maximum number of backup saves to 3, it ownt impact anything but change every three times

001,002,003 next sequence will be 002,003,004 and so on.

Revit Options.PNG

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

If I understand the question, the answer is that workshared and non-workshared models have different back-up mechanisms.

For non-workshared, a back-up file is created every save, attached with a file suffix (example: project.001).

For a workshared model, a back-up is created every save, in the file folder with the suffix '_backup.' This folder is automatically created by Revit and doesn't contain any readable files. You need open Revit to access any back-ups with this folder. Go to the Collaborate Tab>Restore Backup. Select the folder and select Open. Just select the folder. Do not go into the folder or try to select any file in the folder. It will be empty. From there you can either roll-back the current model, or detach a back-up version of that model.

Both backup models and file folders are saved in the same folder as the 'local' model.

Message 5 of 7

@bozandilistan hello, @Anonymous is right you have to go to collaborate > restore backup > browse for foldel open > just choose open > project backup versions > then choose the date and time > saveas to a new file name. thanks

backup.jpg

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 6 of 7
bozandilistan
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks to you all so much

Message 7 of 7
c03koan
in reply to: kadmonkee

Thank you so much for the screenshot. You saved me from a heart attack and 12 hours worth of redoing my lost work!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report