Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit is creating window / wall infills - why?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
fortywebs
1114 Views, 4 Replies

Revit is creating window / wall infills - why?

Hi, why is Revit creating wall infills? See below:

fortywebs_0-1587461939183.png

fortywebs_1-1587461978141.png

It seems to be to do with:

- Phasing / existing / proposed / demolish

- When I try to move levels away from the house in section

- The back wall has an opening with a folding door in it, in "proposed" (the views above are "existing")

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I'll add a possible Duplicate of the Wall that host the window...select the wall with window selection tool and see , using Filter , if there are not two overlaping instances..

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Thanks Constantin,

I think the phasing creates infill walls.

I have changed it to a french door from the revit library

See below - existing - windows. proposed - french doors:

fortywebs_0-1587470408614.png

fortywebs_1-1587470428746.png

I thought the problem arose when I add the curtain wall element with the RevitCity made folding doors:

fortywebs_2-1587470629403.png

fortywebs_3-1587470679060.png

But it still creates these infill walls. i think it needs them so that the phasing has something to "hold onto", so that it knows something is there in a different phase but it has to show a wall instead of a hole. It shows a line sometimes. below I have deleted the french patio doors and the infill walls remain:

fortywebs_4-1587471069020.png

fortywebs_5-1587471091006.png

Existing Plan: 

fortywebs_6-1587471164048.png

Existing & Demo Plan:

fortywebs_7-1587471207424.png

Proposed Plan:

fortywebs_8-1587471239406.png

3D existing:

fortywebs_9-1587471310487.png

3D proposed:

fortywebs_10-1587471346414.png

3D proposed with the wall highlighted:

fortywebs_11-1587471462896.png

The white rectangles are not selectable but are wall created to infill where the windows were in "existing" because this is an existing wall with demolished windows

These infill walls are a bit of a problem because Revit creates them when I am editing things, like moving levels in section other odd bits of editing. I don't want them!

Message 4 of 5
fortywebs
in reply to: fortywebs

When I add windows to a wall it automatically assignes new construction to the item. it won't let me place it in an existing wall if there is already a window there in the proposed plan, which makes sense. So I have to place the item in a part of the wall which has no windows so it can happily embed there. once it is in the wall, i can change it to phase existing and show demolished on phase proposed. Now revit can distinguish between the old and new, and lets me slide the window along the wall into the right position.

If i then delete the proposed doors it creates infill walls where the windows were because the windows are demolished.

I think the big problem I am having is that the levels in section are somehow attached to this back wall and when I try to pull the levels out of the way in section it thinks I am pulling the back wall and throws up an error message saying it is creating infill walls. 

I don't know, but its about phasing and constraints for the levels. More investigation needed!!

fortywebs_0-1587473443323.png

Message 5 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: fortywebs

By the sound of some of these issues you are having, I would bet money that you created a separate Demolition Phase.  Did you?  I would strongly suggest not creating a separate Demolition Phase.  That's not how Revit Phasing works best. Promise.  Been there; done that. 

FWIW.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report