Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit is BIM?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
393 Views, 5 Replies

Revit is BIM?

Hi all,

I would like to ask a general question.

In Vietnam, BIM experts said that Revit is not BIM. But as in the picture I attached below, Autodesk said Revit is a BIM. Thus these experts correctly and why they say so?

Revit BIM.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

hello, Revit is a program/software. 

BIM is a descriptive term for technologically advanced processes in building design. BIM is characterised by the creation and use of geometrically coordinated 3D ‘objects’, enhanced by associated computable data. The data is typically interrogated in a 3D environment, and is manipulated to describe a building project in many ways.”

Using a 3d model to generate documents, extract quantifiable data & coordinate design between disciplines

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi Ennujozlagam,

Thank you for your reply to my question. 

Do you see my photo attached below does not?
Autodesk says Revit is a BIM. Why?

Message 4 of 6
Johan_Ekstrom

Well it says that Revit is BIM software. Not that Revit is BIM. See the difference? 

Revit is a software part of BIM. BIM is something larger. A workflow, if you will, with reusable information collaborating. 

------------------------------------
Type x and y with every move in AutoCad and no one bats an eye...but use coordinates in Revit and everybody loses their mind.
Message 5 of 6
ennujozlagam

@Anonymoushello, its up to you on how you understand/interprete it. @Johan_Ekstrom is correct. see the difference. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Johan_Ekstrom

Thanks @Johan_Ekstrom 

yeah your explanation seems reasonable.

Thanks a lot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators