Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Family parameters not loading into the Drawing

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
saphiregold68
582 Views, 10 Replies

Revit Family parameters not loading into the Drawing

About three days ago I was unable to load any families from auto desk however the next next day it started working fine. I was able to load families in but when I tried placing any family on my drawing it just says ' error not able to load family parameters'. I've currently reinstalled revit about 4 times now trying to solve the issue. Can anyone say why this is happening and how do I fix it? 

This has really hindered me from completing my school work so please, help me. 

Furthermore I tried contacting Autodesk and they directed me here, just to say.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

I don't know why you are reinstalling the software for this kind of error.  It won't resolve it.  Revit is functioning fine.  

Post the file and we'll tell you how to resolve.  

Message 3 of 11

I wasn't exactly sure on what was happening, so I just reinstalled it to see if anything would change, its usually the first thing someone would tell you to do.  

Thanks for the quick reply though, here is the file.

Message 4 of 11

I was able to load a random roof hatch family I had... post the problematic family too maybe?

EATREVITPOOPCAD_0-1658854069872.png

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Message 5 of 11

All I am seeing in your RVT is a bad family.  Why don't you just blow it out of the Project and use another one? There are many beds in the OOTB Content Library, as well as on-line - just a Google search away from your computer.   

Message 6 of 11

Sorry, I should have been more specific. As long as I go in components no family wants load. Everything from furniture to fixtures and electrical lighting, only a few stuff work like parking and some other stuff I am not so familiar with. As for a specific family, I am not exactly sure how to access that individually since I loaded it from autodesk. 

Furthermore, its not just that singular file the families aren't working on. Everyone of my files are being affected, even with a new drawing the family's parameter won't load so.......not sure.

I just tried loading in some families to help but now, the file wouldn't even save. Tried on a fresh file and the same result, idek rn.

Message 7 of 11

I guess I should have sent a bigger file with all my families I have been using, it doesnt matter what families I get it just doesnt load into the drawing no matter what. Here is another file with a lot more families. 

And as I mentioned to the other dude, now my files doesn't even want to save, if I load too many families, Revit just closes off.

Message 8 of 11

k then here is the file again...........ig it didn't finish upload.

Message 9 of 11
Message 10 of 11
ToanDN
in reply to: saphiregold68

No issue inserting an OOLGTB bed family here.  Can you upload the family that gives you bed bad time?

ToanDN_0-1658857179033.png

Message 11 of 11

Thanks Bradely

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report