Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit families: How to parameterize an inclined reference plane to move horizontally by a dimension?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
MCalza
1039 Views, 4 Replies

Revit families: How to parameterize an inclined reference plane to move horizontally by a dimension?

I have the family .rfa that I attach and it can be seen in the next picture (picture 0):

imagen 1.JPG

I want to modify the dimension A, and that the inclined plane extrusion moves with it (see picture 2). I don't want is that it do and you can see at the next picture 1:

imagen 2.JPG

 That's I want to do (picture 2):

imagen 3 copia.jpg

Do you know how to do it?

Any advice or suggestions?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: MCalza

Use a Reference LINE in Elevation View and host the element to the top of this Ref. Line/Workplane in Plan View. 

Here. Something along these lines...

Message 3 of 5
barthbradley

Revised one: 

Message 4 of 5
syman2000

Reference Line is the way to go like @barthbradley said. Make sure you have a reference plane where you define the start of the angle. Alternatively you can also use nested family to flex it so you don't need reference line. See attached

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 5 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: syman2000

I would definitely agree (and urge) that the element being driven by the angled Ref. Line be a nested family (Work Planed Based) and hosted to the Parent Family Ref. Line. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators