Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT export to DWF

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
604 Views, 5 Replies

REVIT export to DWF

hello,

i'm trying to export do DWF in order to batch print more easily,

in DESIGN REVIEW i set the option "chose paper source by DWG page size", supposedly this would print the drawing exactly has it was defined in REVIT, but it tuns out that the program reduces the scale of the drawing "ZOOM FACTOR"

what can i do?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Viveka_CD
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

This can be due to the fact that there are not enough resources (such as memory) to process a drawing or batch print. Restarting Revit often restores sufficient system resources to enable the successful continuation of the batch print job.

Let us know if any of the settings and recommendations mentioned above helps resolve your issue.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question to help other members seeking similar solutions. Kudos gladly accepted. 

Regards,

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Viveka_CD

hello,

no problem here with the system resources...

but i think i've discovered the problem, when exporting revit doesn't consider the print margins of the sheets, when printing on Design Review, if i choose the "use paper size of file" it reduces the drawing to compensate the margins...

Message 4 of 6
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

I've tested batch printing and it's prints fine with margins and proper drawing size for me, I just wanted to verify.

Can you send me your log file for the batch print?

The log file is named BatchPrintLog.txt. It resides in the following location:

• C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/Autodesk/Batch Print for Revit <release number>

I would be happy to take a look if you would like to post a sample file for troubleshooting. Let me know and I can share a private folder for you to upload.

Thanks,

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Viveka_CD

hello viveka,

i'm not batch printing (because revit doesn't support Hp Designjet 1050c plotters), i'm exporting to DWF in order to batch print in Design Review

Message 6 of 6
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

I wanted to verify that exporting to dwf and batch printing in Design Review works fine too. I've tested this on two machines - one with updates installed and it works fine and one without current updates failed to batch print with errors.

• Also, can you send a screenshot of batch printing configuration you have set up? Do you have the Batch Print plug-in installed?
  • Which version of Design Review are you using?
  • To make sure that the issue you are seeing is not something already fixed in one of the product updates, I would suggest checking the Desktop App to see if there are any Revit updates available. For information on using the Desktop App see the following article: About the Autodesk Desktop App
  • Note: If you are not able to download updates through the Desktop App, the following article has information on downloading updates through the Autodesk Accounts page: Install Updates, Add-ons, and Enhancements

As mentioned earlier, you can share the file so that we can test for issues. Let me know and I can send you a folder to upload. Glad to help!

If you find posts have solved your problem, please click on 'Accept as solution' to help others with similar questions. Kudos welcome!

Thanks,

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators