Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit creates wrong infill element in previous phase

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dalAB4WV
255 Views, 3 Replies

Revit creates wrong infill element in previous phase

I have a thinner wall cut into a thicker one. I am trying to place a door in new construction phase into the thinner wall. As a direct outcome revit creates an infill element for this door in existing phase. 

1. Why? if the door is only there in new construction phase, why not just let the wall be as is in existing condition? Why replace that portion of the wall with an infill element?

2. This is the bigger issue: The infill element is not created as the same type as the host wall, and in case the infill is created for previous phase it is not possible to change it's type either. I made sure the host is the thinner wall yet the infill is created from the thicker wall.

The picture shows existing condition with the unwanted infill elemet 

dalAB4WV_0-1638533601901.png

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: dalAB4WV

Post your file

Message 3 of 4
dalAB4WV
in reply to: barthbradley

@barthbradley I am unfortunatelly not authorized to do that.

Message 4 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: dalAB4WV

@dalAB4WV 

@dalAB4WV wrote:

I have a thinner wall cut into a thicker one. I am trying to place a door in new construction phase into the thinner wall. As a direct outcome revit creates an infill element for this door in existing phase. 

1. Why? if the door is only there in new construction phase, why not just let the wall be as is in existing condition? Why replace that portion of the wall with an infill element? (RD) That is how it works by design.  Instead of generating a new wall with an opening + a new element for the Demo, the new Door or window cuts the wall in all phases and infills only the portion of the opening in the previous phase. That same in-fill is what identifies the Demo in the new Phase. ie: 2 in 1

2. This is the bigger issue: The infill element is not created as the same type as the host wall, and in case the infill is created for previous phase it is not possible to change it's type either. I made sure the host is the thinner wall yet the infill is created from the thicker wall. 

(RD) If they are 2 wall joined, there will be 2 infills of the same type of each wall (See GIF1 Below)

• It is not possible to change the type because the Wall/Host is on a previous phase and the Insert is New (hence the infill representing the existing MUST be of the same type of the original existing wall)
  • You can change the infill type if the Wall and the Insert are created in the same Phase and the infil demolished at a later phase. Example: Wall and Window are existing >>> and you demo the window in New Phase. (See GIF 2 below: Infill type changed to a curtain wall with empty panel)

The picture shows existing condition with the unwanted infill element  (RD) If you do not wish to see the infill you can 
    • Either Hide it in View
    • Or Filter them out based on a Parameter
    • Or use the Curtain Wall with empty panel workaround show in GIF 2

GIF 1:

Phasing infil.gif

GIF 2

Phasing infill1.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators