Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture 2018 solar panel family creation 3D modelling on revit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
2335 Views, 1 Reply

Revit Architecture 2018 solar panel family creation 3D modelling on revit

Good evening everyone;

I'm hopefully going to begin working as a Revit draughtsman and I will be designing "solar systems" that means placing and designing pv/solar panels.

I'm having a problem creating my own pv panel with racking:

I'm not that great at 3D modelling on revit arch. So I have opened the solar panel family file in sustainable design.

However when it comes to modelling the racking (the frame that can set the angle of title) I'm having dificulty.

Is there anyone who who could suggest a solution.

PS is there an autodesk revit family library where I can search for the pv module and it's racking?

I've attached two screen snippets/views of the model I'm trying to do this on (the racking/sweep is supposed to be directly under the panel and I'm struggling to do that).

The solar panel family is roof host based which means, to me, that the panel will lie parallel and flush on top of a roof.

What I want to achieve is to have a racking part of the family that creates the "tilt" independent of the host, this means that if I wanted to achieve a 23 degree tilt on a roof that has a 20 degree pitch then the racking would increase in height to create it.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

It's all about Work Planes.  Here's a good place to start learning about them:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/EN...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators