Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit and 4K monitors

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tareqathamneh6QW84
1750 Views, 7 Replies

Revit and 4K monitors

Hi, so I am trying with a 4K 32' monitor, all regular programs (PS, Chrome ..) look perfectly alright but Revit - also 3DsMax - look wrong - sharpness / focus .... When I adjust the monitor scale from 150(recommended) to 100% it looks fantastic but all icons and texts on the screen look tiny... its as if windows does not scale revit up but zooms into it when I increase the monitors scale...

Help!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

refer to this LINK and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8
RDAOU
in reply to: tareqathamneh6QW84

@tareqathamneh6QW84 

The combination you work with (Res + Sclae) need to preserve the aspect ratio compatible with the software you are using. if 4k + 150% is distorting the UI then Up the scaling to 250 or 300%

Otherwise: Stick to the recommendation for the primary software you use and you do not need 4k resolution in Revit or 3D Max

(3DS/Revit/Inventor/Maya) the output I get for 3840x2160 + 300% is identical to 1920x1200 + 125% ...I usually stick to the latter because it is more compatible with other editing applications I am using

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 8

I use Revit on 43" 4K monitors and it is perfect. Revit has had been 4K-approved for a few versions (I'm always on the current one). Are you using an old version? 

Your 32" 4K monitor will have a much bigger DPI than mine, but that shouldn't be a problem. you probably have to adjust the scale in windows since your monitors are pretty small for 4K. but that should be the same for all software. Also make sure your driver GPU and cable are all 4K capable and up to date. Some older HDMI cables are not 4K and the resolution will downgrade or could create other problems. 

Revit version: R2024.2.1
Message 5 of 8

@HVAC-Novice @RDAOU whenever I adjust the scale + res results are always worse. 

There is no problem in other programs. they all react nicely to settings change. its only in Revit and 3DsMax. Starnge thing, when I right-click their icons to reach their windows settings, the windows panel itself is also looking wrong. Only revit and 3dsMax.

Revit only looks perfect when scale is at 100, only that all icons and texts are just too small to live with..

Message 6 of 8
RDAOU

@tareqathamneh6QW84 

Cannot be that bad!! you must be having GPU driver issues...

Which GPU brand are you using, is it's driver up to date? If this issues started after an update try rolling back to the previous GPU version

Apart from the, check how how the GPU is set up to handle Revit and 3DS? Some GPUs allow for different settings/setup per program...

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 7 of 8
justin

did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same issues with revit and with bluebeam on my new 4k monitor. Laptop is 1080 Lenovo X1 extreme, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti

Message 8 of 8

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report