Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R Value and Wall Assemblies in schedules

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ale8Y7G6
309 Views, 6 Replies

R Value and Wall Assemblies in schedules

Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a wall-type schedule with its RSI numbers, I couldn't make it work with the thermal properties it comes with so I just created a new parameter inside my material browser called _R-Value.

In the schedule/material takeoff, I want to show Type Wall A is made of X materials with an R value of Y and then add up the R value to have a total per wall.

I can't get my R Value to add up. I'm not sure what is it counting or adding, probably the quantity of materials in the walls I have in my project?

I'll post some pictures.

ale8Y7G6_0-1670610759153.png 

ale8Y7G6_1-1670610771220.pngale8Y7G6_2-1670610782503.pngale8Y7G6_3-1670610793702.png

ale8Y7G6_4-1670610809647.png

ale8Y7G6_5-1670610824352.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: ale8Y7G6

@ale8Y7G6 wrote:

In the schedule/material takeoff, I want to show Type Wall A is made of X materials with an R value of Y and then add up the R value to have a total per wall.

R-Value is automatically calculated for the entire Wall Assembly.   That doesn't work for you?   

R Value.png

Message 3 of 7
ale8Y7G6
in reply to: barthbradley

No, I need to show each material with its R value and the totals for permit.

Message 4 of 7
barthbradley

Can you post your file?  

Message 5 of 7
barthbradley

Based on my understanding of what you are trying to do (and that may be incorrect), I don't see how to get there with a Wall MTO Schedule. You can get close with Parts MTO - but there's gymnastics involved.  

PartsR2.png

WallsR.png

Message 6 of 7
ale8Y7G6

I saw this on a video:

I created a new phase inside my project called "Admin" and drew small walls in that phase that got demolished on my new construction phase so they wouldn't appear anywhere. Then I changed the phase in the schedule so that I could only see the walls drawn in that phase and it worked.

ale8Y7G6_0-1671038882875.png

Message 7 of 7
barthbradley

Basically, you are creating a "Legend" Phase. Your "Admin" Phase is before any Construction Phases begin and the elements within it are demolished before any Construction Phases begins; right?  That's what we do for Curtain Walls. It's a valid approach.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report