Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT 2024 - Generating a Toposolid simplifies topography

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
darioRAUFN
390 Views, 8 Replies

REVIT 2024 - Generating a Toposolid simplifies topography

Hello,

I generated a Toposolid from a Toposurface. Unfortunately this simplifies the topography to an extend that I can not use it anymore. Is there a way to work around this annoying and unnecessary problem? Is there a way to keep all points?

We need a large topography in our projects as we are not working in an urban context!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jvpantin2
in reply to: darioRAUFN

It seems more that level curves are not visible, or an scale issue. Check for Contour Display option in Toposolid Type Properties or V/G Overrides.

¿Tu problema fue solucionado? Selecciona 'Marcar como solución'.
Así ayudas a otras personas a encontrar respuestas y agradeces a los miembro de la comunidad.
Message 3 of 9
darioRAUFN

Here are the points of 2023 compared to 2024, from the "same topography". These are considerably less points which make the model very inaccurate! The contours in general look very bad, after the unintended simplification.

Revit 2023 Points.JPGRevit 2024 Points.JPG

Message 4 of 9
jvpantin

It is a point cloud file? AFAIK the valid files for build a topographic surface are .csv or dwg. files (mostly created from .csv).

Message 5 of 9
darioRAUFN
in reply to: jvpantin

The Toposurface was based on countours in a DWG file and that worked well. Just by upgrading the Toposurface to Toposolid the process removed several essential points.

Message 6 of 9
jvpantin

Wow, that's serious. I'm making some tests converting old topography to 2024 and gotta fatal error 🤔

Message 7 of 9
jvpantin2

Well yeap, this is an issue...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/i-m-having-a-problem-with-newly-added-toposo...

¿Tu problema fue solucionado? Selecciona 'Marcar como solución'.
Así ayudas a otras personas a encontrar respuestas y agradeces a los miembro de la comunidad.
Message 8 of 9
candan_erim

I have the exact same problem. Did you solve it?

Message 9 of 9
darioRAUFN
in reply to: candan_erim

No and I guess there is no way around it. Autodesk just needs to improve the performance of the Toposolid geometry. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report