Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2023 Linking multiple models with Phases

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Ian_Shafer
233 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2023 Linking multiple models with Phases

Greetings.

I have a project with 2 building models.  Each model has phases.  All models are being developed at the same time.  The construction will occur by phase:

SC1a and SC1b are in the same model.

SC2 is in the second model.

Construction will occur in this order; SC1a then SC1b then SC2.

The issue is with the graphics of SC1b work in the SC2 model.  The SC1b work should be shown as Existing.  The image shows our phase mapping ...

The only way we can achieve this is to add another phase (Project Completion) to the 1st model and change the mapping of SC2 to Project Completion.  

This doesn't seem correct but I cannot find any other solution. 

My concern is that if we create a "Project Completion" phase in the 1st model, then all new views in the 1st model will default to Project Completion and this could lead it issues.  

Please offer your thought's ... 

Ian

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SteveKStafford
in reply to: Ian_Shafer

Create three phases in both models, SC1a, SC1b and SC2, align these phases in phase mapping. Create the elements in each phase accordingly. Use view templates to manage views that go on sheets to ensure the correct phase is used. Remember that Phase Filter naming must match exactly between models for the Phase Filtering to work on linked models correctly.

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
BDMackey
in reply to: Ian_Shafer

Agreed with @SteveKStafford on the phase mapping.  Also if you are in Revit 2023 or higher you can set up View Filters to also change the graphics  etc.  This way it is possible to show future stuff as well.

Message 4 of 4
Ian_Shafer
in reply to: SteveKStafford

I am honoured to have both you and Brian respond to my query.  

I am disappointed to have to create the extra phases but your explanation makes sense.  

Ian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report