Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2023: How to zoom to the drawing after turning on the “survey point” layer, “specifying coordinates at point” and “zoom to fit”?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JamaL9722060
530 Views, 5 Replies

Revit 2023: How to zoom to the drawing after turning on the “survey point” layer, “specifying coordinates at point” and “zoom to fit”?

In the screenshots below, I couldn’t figure out how to zoom to the drawing after turning on the “survey point” layer, “specifying coordinates at point” and “zoom to fit”. I just can see the “survey point” in the screen.

How to zoom to the drawing? What is the best practice?

Clip_36.jpgClip_37.jpgClip_38.jpgClip_39.jpgClip_40.jpg

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
syman2000
in reply to: JamaL9722060

Before you turn on survey point, I would click on the show crop region. 

syman2000_0-1691249119538.png

It will automatically create a crop box

syman2000_2-1691249184539.png

Then turn on the survey point and then click on do not crop view. This will crop your view. When you zoom, it will zoom only where you want your view.

syman2000_3-1691249241058.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 3 of 6
JamaL9722060

Thank you for the help.

Enabling the “crop view” will let the “zoom to fit” respect the “crop region”

Clip_44.jpgClip_45.jpgClip_46.jpg

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
Message 4 of 6
RobDraw

But now you can't see the survey point.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 6
revitnation

Expanding in the Visibility Graphics part of thread: I use a lot of "purpose-driven" Scope Boxes, each set assigned to "purpose-driven" Worksets. They range in scale all the way down to framing detail views on multiple-level plan views. A second time-saving measure is the use of View Templates and Filters. Revit has expanded Filter capabilities big time. Also, if you're working with a lot of View templates on large projects, I highly recommend using the View Template Manager Add-in. They have great customer support with free upgrades, so you own it for life. https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=6434143480366085343&appLang=en&os=Win64

cheers everyone,

Message 6 of 6
ToanDN

Unclip the survey point and move it closer to or at the project base point.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report