Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Section View - Wall Not displaying

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
j.nattrass
1870 Views, 7 Replies

Revit Section View - Wall Not displaying

I consider myself a proficient user of Revit, so this issue has really stumped me. 
I am working in a newly created Revit model on 2019 version. When taking section views through the model I am finding issues where certain walls are not showing up. See attached screenshots 
My observations of this are;
- If the section line is moved to cut through the wall and not the window then the wall is visible again. 
- This is nor wall type dependant, changing the wall type does not make the wall visible.

- Deleting the window shows the wall cut again.

- The window family is the same as the window above, so the issue can't be with the window family.

- This is happening in other areas of the model. so I can't just 2D over it to fix it on one view.

It seems like somehow the model is corrupt? or section views are.

HELP ME!!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: j.nattrass

Change the window for another family and see what happens. Just to be 100% sure that this is not related to the window family.

"This is happening in other areas of the model. so I can't just 2D over it to fix it on one view." This happes with the same window family?

Message 3 of 8
j.nattrass
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. My window families are based on the same base family, so the issue applies to all of them.
I have tried swapping to a revit standard window family and this didn't fix the issue.
Interestingly if I move my window up by 0.5mm the wall appears again!
It seems to be related to the window's height compared to the stone surround family.
I can move the windows up by 0.5mm as a work around however a more long term solution would be appreciated! 

Message 4 of 8
ennujozlagam

have you try to change your detail level to fine or coarse and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Found this: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/wall-disappears-in-section-after-placing-cil...

See if this helps. Also, search for it on google, there are a lot of links with the same problem. One of them might fix your issue.

Message 6 of 8

Hi,

Try to increase the sill height of the window 10mm or so, just to force a geometry update, and the back to it's original value.

See if that helps, doesn't seem to be a phase thing.

Otherwise post a project with the wall and window.

- Michel

Message 7 of 8
barthbradley

I've seen this behavior before. Likely it's an attached void in a wall-hosted family that is causing havoc. Find that family, open it and detach void. Then check the box "Cuts with Void when Loaded", Reload into Project and attach void manually.  

Message 8 of 8
K.Hashemi
in reply to: barthbradley

I just want to add, I think you are correct, it had something to do with a void in window family on my case, thanks for the subtle tip. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators