Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2021 materials changes-Frosted glass showing clear in realistic view, frosted in enscape view

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
5079 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2021 materials changes-Frosted glass showing clear in realistic view, frosted in enscape view

Ever since my team updated to Revit 2021, we have been having major materials issues with our frosted acrylic. We use both realistic views in Revit as well as enscape to present different levels of detail to clients. Therefore, we need the frosted acrylic to appear the same in both revit realistic view AND enscape. We didn't have a problem with this in 2020, but as we all know, revit updated their realistic views in 2021. 

I have tried .everything. to get the frosted panels to look frosted in revit realistic view but nothing works. Even using the generic white frosted, frosted glass, etc. from revit, everything still appears totally clear in revit. Can anyone help with the materials parameters settings? I am at a loss. I am using glass to try to create the material instead of acrylic because I at least got some better results using glass instead of acrylic. 

For reference, the images (in order) show the model in revit realistic view, enscape (both the same exact material), an image of what the product we are modeling actually looks like, and a snippet of the material parameters which includes a relief pattern for blurring.

P.S. I am not worried about the accessories attached to the panel not looking right in this revit view because they do when the family is inserted into a model. The case is not the same for the actual panel itself.  I think it's just the direction of the sun doing that which I can't change in the family. 

Revit Realistic View.jpgEnscape View.jpgActual Product.jpgMaterial Perameters and Settings.jpg

Thanks in advance for help with this!! 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
J_Lewis87
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't have an answer for you but I did notice that when I converted from version 2019 to 2021, many aspects of the Realistic mode degraded particularly how plants and trees appeared (they appear burnt/blackened in 2021) and colored poche in sections appeared shaded with black.

Message 3 of 5
hpope

Having the same problem, and can find no way to get the materials to show up properly.  ADSK, when are you going to fix this?!

Message 4 of 5
Darryl.Fillion

anyone have a solution for this? When I am showing a pharmacy in realistic mode quickly everyone thinks I am showing clear glass instead of frosted...

Message 5 of 5
cbt990

I am having the same issue with frosted glass.

Revit is amazing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators