Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2021 - install error 1603

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
IDIandy
3848 Views, 12 Replies

Revit 2021 - install error 1603

I can not seem to get Revit 2021 to install.  Have tried everything I can find for fixes/solutions and still it errors out with a 1603 every time at about 4%.  Anyone have this problem or know any obscure tips or tricks?  Have tried everything from emptying %TEMP% folder, registry edits, clean uninstall of all previous versions of Revit and associated add-ons, desktop app install, install via autodesk accounts install now, browser download, and the other option, a few other things...  Even tried washing the magical crystal rock my wife gave me for computer issues...  Thought that would for sure work but still nothing 😞

We are an organization of about 20 users.  Most have had no troubles with the update, but there are 4 of us (so far) having the same issue?  After wiping out Revit 2019 and 2020 I was able to reinstall 2020 with no problem but no go with 2021

Labels (2)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
IDIandy
in reply to: IDIandy

Should also say I don' think it even gets far enough to create an install log...  I can't find one where it should be anyway.

Message 3 of 13
barthbradley

Are you by any chance going from Maintenance to Subscription?  

Message 4 of 13
IDIandy
in reply to: barthbradley

No sir, we’ve been on subscription for a number of years.

Message 5 of 13
barthbradley

Well that throws a monkey into that wrench. Never mind.  

...you've probably already checked folder permissions; right?  

Message 6 of 13
RobDraw

I was having trouble installing 2021 today. I uninstalled the desktop app and Revit installed fine and reinstalled the desktop app for me.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 7 of 13
IDIandy
in reply to: RobDraw

Just tried that, no joy 😞  Thanks though, was worth a try!

Message 8 of 13
huotger

Can you provide us with the text files from the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\ODIS folder so that we can investigate the cause of the Installation error?

Gerry Huot

SQA Manager
Message 9 of 13
IDIandy
in reply to: huotger

Actually just got it to install!  Not sure why, maybe has/had something to do with folder permissions as questioned above.  It shouldn't though and have never had an issue like that before...  logged in/on my machine with our IT managers credentials and it installed just fine.  Even he is a bit confused as to why that did the trick being we all should have the same admin rights...  It was a non issue for most of our organization except a few.  Anyway that seemed to have done the trick.

Message 10 of 13
huotger

Thank you for confirming that you now have Revit 2021 installed.  Keep in mind that the Revit 2021 installation includes .NET 4.8 and Microsoft VC runtimes, without seeing your log files, which may have been failing under your specific permissions level.

Gerry Huot

SQA Manager
Message 11 of 13
obiddle
in reply to: barthbradley

Please help! I'm having the same issue as described, and I am unable to change folder permissions even though I am an administrator. Thanks.

Message 12 of 13
obiddle

Hello, Can you help me with this same issue please? Thanks. Screetshot: 

Message 13 of 13
obiddle

<model version="1.0"> <delivery> <dda> <location>E:\jenkins\workspace\AInstaller_release_PDFY23JAN_1.0\scripts\..\odis_install</location> <version>1.28.0.16</version> </dda> </delivery> </model>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report