Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2018.3 - Graphic issues

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
javier.zavala
1598 Views, 23 Replies

Revit 2018.3 - Graphic issues

Hi,
I'm having some graphic bugs with Revit 2018.3 

It happens on all models and all of my computers : some have Nvidia Quadro and others are on Geforce

Windows,Revit and graphic drivers are all up to date.

Turning on or off the hardware acceleration doesn't change anything.

The main bug is when I try to move the windows ( properties,project browser,etc.) as shown in my video
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cIIk6Ornpujik8Bt2

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Snail trail! Icky. 

I'm just tagging on to follow thread. Haven't worked up the confidence to install 2018.3 yet. 

Message 3 of 24

I try to install updates hoping one day they will fix the graphic problem. But it never does. 

Message 4 of 24

What Graphics Card is your model using? 

Message 5 of 24

Nvidia Quadro M620
Like e very other user in here graphic drivers updates does not help at all. Messing with the settings as well does nothing. We need a update called 2018.4 that hopefully fix this issue in Windows 10
Message 6 of 24

Nvidia Quadro M620

Like every other user in here graphic drivers updates does not help at all.  Messing with the settings as well does nothing. We need a update called 2018.4 that hopefully fix this issue in Windows 10

Message 7 of 24

@javier.zavalawrote:

We need a update called 2018.4

Ha! That's been my running joke the last several weeks. Every time I get up the courage to install 2018.3, I read another  new issue posted.  

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: javier.zavala

Are you suggesting Revit 2018.3 is the cause, or are you just mentioning the version you are using?

I get this "snail trail" in Revit 2016 at work when moving properties. So, not entirely sure this is related to 2018.3 as such. Did this only start happening once you installed 2018.3? What happens if you reinstall Revit up to 2018.2?

Message 9 of 24
javier.zavala
in reply to: Anonymous

It's been happing in all previous versions of Revit. They claim it was the windows 10 update, but our company has to update all the computers so Revit has yet released a patch to fix this problem a person from Revit said to update to 2018.2 and still didn't work now were on 2018.3 and is still happening so when is this patch coming out? I must not be the only one having this issue look at the past topics regards to graphic issues.
Message 10 of 24
ToanDN

It happens on all versions of Revit.  I find it super useful to paint artwork on my screens with a Revit palette.  

Seriously though, it isn't a big deal unless you spend more time moving palettes and less time drawing.

20180425_142943_HDR.jpg

Message 11 of 24
javier.zavala
in reply to: ToanDN

I know it's not a big deal, but don't you think they should do something about it. We do pay a lot of money to use this program.
Message 12 of 24
Viveka_CD

Hi @javier.zavala

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues.

Do you have a multiple monitor setup?

Can you try the below for me and let me know if that helps resolve your issue?

In your Revit.ini change optimizedviewnavigation=0

Regards,

Message 13 of 24
RobDraw

@javier.zavalawrote:
I know it's not a big deal, but don't you think they should do something about it. We do pay a lot of money to use this program.

These comments always make me smile because they aren't really a demand for a fix but rather a plea for help with local issues.

This is most likely a local issue. Although you might be able to fix it by dumbing down the graphics in Revit, you might want to take a close look at the hardware network configurations. We have one user here that experiences this and he is pushing his graphics limits, using multiple monitors, a desktop, and a laptop in some sort of convoluted set-up. None of the other users here experience this.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 14 of 24
Viveka_CD

Hi @javier.zavala

As @RobDraw mentioned, please use this tool to find Certified and Recommended graphics hardware and drivers.

We would like to look at your journal files to investigate further, can you send us these files? I can send you a private upload folder.

Also, have you compared projects, does this happen with a particular project or on all files?

Regards,

Message 15 of 24
Viveka_CD

Hi @javier.zavala

Since you've tried disabling hardware acceleration and updated drivers, can you check your windows to see if there has been a fall creators update?

More information in this article: Revit: Windows 10x64 Fall creator update (build 1709) – Graphic problems when moving the properties ...

Let me know if the rollback helps resolve your issue.How to Use the Rollback Function in Windows 10 1709, 1703 and Earlier Versions of Windows 10 

Looking forward to your reply update.

Regards,

Message 16 of 24
javier.zavala
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Yes we did update our computers, but we can't roll back our company requires for all computers be up to date. So I was looking for a patch for the fall creators update.
Message 17 of 24
Viveka_CD

Hi @javier.zavala

I see what you are saying!

Please try the below solution for me, and let me know if that helps!

Solution:

Update Webroot or setup exceptions to exclude Revit from being scanned. 
For more details see the following article: 
Fall Creators Update causes issues with Webroot and Revit

See Also:

Forum Thread: Revit 16,17,& 18 Crashes after Fall Creators Update (Windows 10 version 1709)

As mentioned earlier we can filter the cause of this from your journal.

Looking forward to your reply update.

Regards,

Message 18 of 24
javier.zavala
in reply to: Viveka_CD

I don't have optimizedviewnavigation=0 so should I just add it in the file? In the notepad in a new line?
Message 19 of 24
rmoore3

I have seen this in all versions of Revit until 2019, seems to be fixed

Message 20 of 24
javier.zavala
in reply to: rmoore3

Wait is gone in 2019?? I need to check it out and see for myself thanks for the update

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report