Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Issues (Bootcamp)

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1737 Views, 11 Replies

Revit 2014 Issues (Bootcamp)

Hi there,

I am new to this and really hope someone can help me.

I recently started using Revit 2014 with Windows 10 (via Bootcamp and Mac) and was making some adjustments to my external monitor today and it seems to have completely mess with Revit.  First I wasnt able to get into Windows side of Mac, and finally I got in but while my Revit files seems to be be there, they are not functioning correctly. 

The files open but when I got to look at floor levels, or views, the whole software seems to stall - , at first it looks like it is trying to do something (there is blinking on bottom of screen) Then it just freezes.  I contacted Apple who say that because it is Windows side of my computer there is nothing they can do.  I dont know if it is a Windows issue (all other files seem fine but then I only use Windows for Revit) or something with Revit.  I tried to uninstall Revit, but nothing happens and is forcing me to say "yes" to a question about making changes to my PC before it will uninstall (sorry I dont have the exact message as I had to force quite to write this).  Should I accept yes to this question and try to uninstall?  Should I also uninstall all elements related to REvit?

I have save my main work but not some families I made in Revit.  I guess I will loose these if I uninstall.  Perhaps I should contact Revit support via call. 

If anyone has any ideas would be very helpful. I am new to Revit and Bootcamp.

Helen

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

To add, the place at bottom that is "flicking" is the Status Bar, where you normally see "Worksheet" and "Main Model" written in those 2 boxes. 

Message 3 of 12
RDAOU

@Anonymous

Flickering and Freezing issues and in most cases related to graphics issue...some solutions which may resolve this issue are:

1. Check the screen size (preferably set it to 125% or 150%) then restart Revit
  2. Check the screen/display graphics resolution in the control panel (You need to use a res below 3360 x 1890)
  3. Check if you are using the appropriate drivers (don't use beta versions)
  4. Disable/Uncheck the Use Hardware acceleration box in Revit Options>Graphics

If the above helps; kindly mark this reply Accept as Solution...KUDOS are also welcomed (only if the above helps)

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

hi RDAOU
I had a quick look now as I actually reinstalled Revit during the afternoon and it is complete now.
I believe you may have solved the problem for me but I need to work through your suggestions when my mind is fresh tomorrow.

However when I tried to Disable / Uncheck the Hardware Acceleration
It does not allow me.

I get this message in the Graphic Section with a warning sign,

"The installed video card 'Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics 5200' has not been tested with Revit.
You may continue to use Hardware Acceleration.
If you experience graphics display issues, you should:
- Turn off Hardware Acceleration"

I tried to turn off but the Revit freezes.
Any ideas? I am not sure about your suggestion 3 above as I am very untechnical I am afraid.

Resolution I think I am good, I am not sure about 1. as I wasn't sure where I can check this.

Thanks a million for setting me in the right track, Ill run through these steps with a fresh mind tmorrow and can get back into revit.
Message 5 of 12
RDAOU

Suggestion 1 you can Check by going to Control Panel (Windows platform) then to Display ... Here you adjust screen size as well as resolution (latter might be on a different tab)

The use hardware acceleration notice is normal when ur graphic card is not certified by Autodesk. In lots of cases it works even if not certified. But if it continues to cause issues you need to uncheck the box. First do suggestion 1 it is the most crutial and essential to fix first

It's freezing when u uncheck due to screen size and resolution already set...when u fix those it will not freeze. But after u uncheck or check this box u need to close Revit and reopen it.

You don't need to worry about option 3 for now. First try 1, 2, and 4 and if that doesn't work I can assist you further with 3 and other suggestions

Sent from my iPhone

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Thank you so much, 🙂 That is a relief and such a simple fix when you know how.

I have one other question prehaps you or one of the community might be able to help.

The reason why I got this issue to begin with was my wanting to change the font as it is tiny on my Mac Book Pro.  I just bought a monitor last week BENQ GL2450- 24Inch and no matter what settings I try with it, it is no where near as crisp as my MacBook Pro screen. Of course it is smaller screen etc,

It is driving me crazy and I feel like returning it again (I am within remorse). 

Can anyone recommend a monitor that works well for revit that doesnt cost an arm and leg?  Alternatively is there anyway I can increasse font size and use the MacBookPro with the issues I just got? I was so happy with the bigger font and didnt realise it created the issues I just had.

Thanks again if you have any suggestions, I am happy to buy new monitor or perhaps someone knows good settings to try for this BENQ one.

Helen

Message 7 of 12
RDAOU

@Anonymous

Well that confirms the graphics issues 🙂 most probably the testing to make that BENQ work as desired didn't work out weel for Revit.

I would say first finish from the graphix issue on your Mac Book P as you need a working set up first then one can move on to check the other screen. Can't start giving suggestions on the BENQ when we are not curtain the initial/OP was solved!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks so far, Revit is working right now so I am reluctant to change anything just now, since I have urgent assignments to get in and once I have them in I will go through the steps again.

I do have one issue, every time I attach power to my MacBook Pro, the screen goes black and once I remove it comes back again. Do you happen to know if that is related and how to resolve?
Message 9 of 12
RDAOU

@Anonymous

Which of the two screens? The laptop's or the BENQ?

It is kinda getting a bit confusing!!! so many topics under one thread..You might want to close this one out by marking the solution and start a new thread for new topic/question when they are not related.

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Apologies, the MacBookPro.  I am not using the Monitor right now.  I will open a new topic for that.

Message 11 of 12
RDAOU

@Anonymous

Thats not a Revit related issue...Does it happen when on Bootcamp/Windows or also on Mac OS? If on windows only maybe you just need to check the laptop's power saving settings.

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

thanks, worked for me 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators