Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2010, 2011 or 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
823 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2010, 2011 or 2012

Hi guys. I am in the process of installing a copy of revit on my windows partition on mac and would like to install the latest copy but I am aware of a few issues assoc with new releases. Is it wise to go for the older versions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rosskirby
in reply to: Anonymous

Not really.  Go with the latest release.  If you're just installing Revit for the first time, then the few minor bugs in 2012 aren't enough to offset the benefits of going with the latest version.  Also, if you're on subscription, you can install and use up to three versions back (so 2012, 2011 and 2010), so download and install all 3 if you want.  Just remember, there is NO backwards compatibility between Revit versions.  You cannot save down.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 5
Darin.Green
in reply to: rosskirby

@rosskirby,

I think you meant to post your reply here => https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/revit-2010-2011-or-2012/m-p/3008518/highligh...

Not sure how it ended up here....Smiley Wink

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 4 of 5
Darin.Green
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

@rosskirby responded but it somehow create a new thread here => https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/re-revit-2010-2011-or-2012/m-p/3008840/highlight/false#M179825

@rosskirby noted that you cannot switch between version because Revit isn't backwards compatible. That being said, you need to install the version that best match your needs, the project and the expected deliverable's.. So, if you have other users working on the same central model with 2011, then you should either upgrade everyone to a new version or just install 2011 on your machine.

Typically, I see users with multiple versions installed because they work with different customer who require the files in a particular version. 

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 5 of 5

Wow that's fast service by Autodesk.   A posting 6 yrs ago was escalated yesterday by Autodesk.   Hope they can help...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report