Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regroup a group

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kjskoog
1618 Views, 4 Replies

Regroup a group

We are near the end of a multi-family apartment complex project. With that we have groups for all separate unit types. As I was going in to change an object in the unit group I noticed the group was ungrouped. Also noticed all the unit groups were ungrouped. Asked others if an "Ungroup" message came up when working in the groups, no one should be because I owned the workset,  and all said no.

1) How could this happen?

2) Is there a way to find a drawing log to see where and how this occurred?

Kory Skoog

PM/BIM Manager

Kory Skoog
PM/BIM Manager
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TripleM-Dev.net
in reply to: kjskoog

Hi

You could look into the Journal files, they should contain all actions taken, as it's saved on the Current User temp it will only contain that user info, or you would have to inspect the journals of others on their workstations.

About Journal Files 

Or backupfiles either server backups or a restore backup from the Central File! Depending how long ago it could be.

Bet that somebody got the warning "ungroup" but maybe didn't noticed it and pressed Yes without reading the warning, revit wouldn't ungroup without some kind of warning.

- Michel

Message 3 of 5
barthbradley

It sounds like your Groups are social distancing themselves. 

hmm? And nobody knows nothing?  🤔

Message 4 of 5
kjskoog
in reply to: TripleM-Dev.net

Thank you for the location of the journal files. We may have figured it out yesterday. We had an intern working on the door schedules and when adding the hardware groups the "ungroup" message displays. I guarantee that is how it all happened. Our intern was working in the morning and was out with school assignments in the afternoon. Figured out the "ungrouping" happened between 11:00 am - 12:30 pm. That is when our intern left for school.

Appreciate your help.

Kory Skoog

PM/BIM Manager

Kory Skoog
PM/BIM Manager
Message 5 of 5

Regrouping is the real question....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators