Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation levels are locked together

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mgallin
8074 Views, 7 Replies

Elevation levels are locked together

In a model with several levels I need to reduce the distance between the lower level and the first floor.  However, every time I change the elevation of the lower level, the first floor changes as well.  I have no constrained dimensions locking these two levels together.  Revit is not letting me add dimensions between these level.

My question is how do I force the Lower Level to move independantly of the level above and what in the model could be forcing these two level to be constrained?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: mgallin

Check ALL the elevations and sections, and make sure that dimensions are On. Sounds like there is a dimensional constraint somewhere...

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 8

As Alfredo said, check your views BUT make sure you zoom out so you can see all the levels. Select each level one by one and look at the far of the levels for a Locked Padlock icon. The constraints appear at the other end of elements from where temporary dimensions appear and often off screen from what you are currently seeing.

If you are using Revit 2015 R2 (subscription only update release) there is a new Reveal Constraints feature, a new small button/icon (image is a dimension string and a padlock) at the end of the view control shortcut bar (bottom of the view).

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 4 of 8
mgallin
in reply to: SteveKStafford

I did not know about the reveal constraints feature. This was a big
help in finding the issue. Thank you for the help.

Michael Gallin, AIA, LEEDap

GALLIN BEELER DESIGN STUDIO

828 SOUTH BROADWAY, TARRYTOWN, NY 10591

914.693.4004 x 10
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mgallin

Hi there,

Still, i have failed to solve the issue after unlocking the padlock icon.

Am certain i created a lock dimension to my project levels, though that was some six months ago. At this moment, i cant find where in the massive project that lock dimension is.

What can i do else, to independently edit the levels without the other levels being affected.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Problem finally solved.

I had to click on the level i wanted to change, then choose move and click on the dis join option.

Many thanks

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: SteveKStafford

i just helped a colleague here at the office with the reveal constrain and it worked like a charm 

Message 8 of 8

We had the same issue here today for one of our projects and this useful information helped us so quickly. Thank you so much! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators