Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rated Walls - Filters Issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Ian_H
182 Views, 4 Replies

Rated Walls - Filters Issue

I thought I had these created already but can't find them so I'm finally getting around to creating my patterns for the filters in order to use filters for rated walls. I've got some patterns created, but when I zoom out of my view the walls just go to solid gray. Is there a setting I'm missing or something here? 

I tried spacing the lines further apart and that helped some, but then it didn't look great zoomed in because you could see the lines. 

I created them using closely spaced horizontal lines and then using Pyrevit's 'Pattern Maker'. 

1/8th scale zoomed in:

Ian_H_0-1721076869466.png

1/8th scale zoomed out:

Ian_H_1-1721076904612.png

Thanks

-Ian 

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Ian_H
in reply to: Ian_H

I was actually able to find the project I worked on when I did this the first time and these work better. Looks like I created the patterns using vertical lines instead of horizontal. I can't remember how I went about creating them though. 

Ian_H_0-1721078260710.png

Anyone have suggestions on creating them? I know I have seem patterns with diagonal lines in them.

Thanks, 

-Ian 

Message 3 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: Ian_H

FWIW, see attached Family.  It has Fill Patterns in it that you can use for your Wall Types' Coarse Scale Fill Pattern. Maybe the Fill Patterns in this Family will look better at the Project View you're using.  

Message 4 of 5
Ian_H
in reply to: barthbradley

Thanks! 
Would it be possible to get the file in 2024? We have 2025 downloaded but most of our projects are still in 2024. 

-Ian 

Message 5 of 5
Ian_H
in reply to: barthbradley

Actually it just occurred to me that I can use 2025 and export the .pat files and use those in 2024. Let me try that real quick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators