Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Setup initialization

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
952 Views, 4 Replies

"Setup initialization

im trying to download Revit 2016 and its been on setup initialization for over an hour im wondering if thats normal or is someting wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rosskirby
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you doing the browser install, direct download, or the third option that I can never remember the name of (Akamai Netsession, or something like that)?

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: rosskirby

I have the same problem, I think I have the browser download but i'm not sure. I got the setup from this link: http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/revit   

Message 4 of 5
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous

1. Disable any Antivirus or Firewall temporarely before you start

2. Add Autodesk.com to safe/white list Internet Security Settings

3. If you tried previous installations that failed clear your temp file ... Type %TEMP% in the run command line and delete temp file (ignore those in use)

4. Download and install the software from Autodesk Virtual Agent

• This will download the installation files to a location on your computer in several parts (example 1-7). Once download complete extract part 1 to the default loaction (C:\Autodesk\) ie: don't change it
  • Once all parts are extracted; intallation should start
  • Note: You still need to make sure you got the email from Autodesk EDU Community for the Educational version if this is what you are trying to install

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

Thanks, the problem is solved. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report