Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan view

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
michalcapek4
325 Views, 4 Replies

plan view

Hi, I've been struggling to find a way to show my walls on the second floor of my model. I can see columns walls and everything in both 1st

and 3rd floors. I have tried using plan view and change the cut region but nothing has worked. The walls go all the way up from bottom to roof in 3d

view, and even though some start at the bottom and some start from the second floor, They are visible in first and third floor but not the second.

I have also gone into visibility/graphics and checked if everything is on. And the settings aren't different from each other in each floor plan. I have also tried creating a structural plan and even there it isn't visible.

I have a hand in in 4 hours , if anyone is fast enough would be much appreciated.

Otherwise it is still good to know.

Thanks in advance for any advice

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Your walls may be hidden by mistake in this plan so on the View Control Bar

GUID-D9D60F86-9F09-45B6-9335-3F54EB165B29.png

, click (Reveal Hidden Elements).

All hidden elements display in color, and visible elements display in half-tone. So if your walls are there, select them then click Modify | <Element> tabReveal Hidden Elements panel (Unhide Element) or (Unhide Category).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Let it work like a charm.

Mustafa Salaheldin

EESignature

Digital Integration Manager, DuPod

Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: michalcapek4

Are all views set to the same phase as the walls?
Message 4 of 5
stever66
in reply to: michalcapek4

Yes, most likely they are on the wrong phase (if you have phases enabled) or they are just hidden in the view.

But it could be a lot of other things too.   Is the view set for wireframe?  (select the box next to the detail level.)   It could also be the detail level - is it set for fine.

Is worksharing enabled?  Is the right workset turned on?  I assume the view doesn't have a template enabled.  Are there any plan regions in the view?

The walls are not in a linked model are they?

Try going to the view graphics (VV), and select all the model categories and turn those on, and do the same for the worksets, and check the links if there are any.

If all else fail, try making a new 2nd level plan.   (View, plan view, floor plan, and uncheck "do not duplicate existing views.").

Trying to get objects to show up is one of the most frustrating things about Revit.   There are so many things that control object visibility.

Some things won't show up depending on what discipline the view is set for.   And stairs just won't show up on a ceiling plan.

Message 5 of 5
RDAOU
in reply to: stever66

Hey Champs

This is a duplicated post. The original post was solved ON THIS LINK HERE a while back

The issue was related to the phase filter

Moderator/Admin to merge posts if possible

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators