Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing rooms

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
633 Views, 1 Reply

Placing rooms

The rooms on all floors appear to have no issues but for some reason on the basement and roof levels. All the rooms appear smaller than the actual room and don't reach the walls, I checked the room schedule it says that it is not enclosed 

I'm not sure how to spot the cause of this error...I managed to find some unjoined walls and joined them but it's a huge layout with 220 rooms! 

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

If it's all over the floor (all rooms) it has most likely to do with something which affects the whole floor or some roombounding element which is repetative in all rooms causing them all to become "not enclosed" ie: they shrink on the plan/layout.

• To start with you can go to the section or elevation view and check the computational height set for those level (basement and roof)...if it is not properly set it would result in such an error. (it should be floor to ceiling - covering more or less the room's height => volume)

• While working with the section cast an eye on the walls vs upper/lower slabs and attach them if they are not...might be the level change and walls were not attached so they kept previous height

• If spaces are open one onto the other; try to limit them with room separators

If the above doesn't work, give feedback...will think of something else

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report