Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Reference Other View?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cyoderEGYAX
191 Views, 3 Replies

Photo Reference Other View?

My offices uses the generic annotation below for our photo reference call outs. You can see in the "Properties" bar you are able to enter the sheet and detail number for the photo being referenced. 

cyoderEGYAX_0-1719277938034.png

I would like to make/find a photo call out which is able to "Reference Other View", similar to a reference section or call out. I.e. If I move 1/A9.00 to sheet A9.10, the annotation with automatically update itself. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

Clark

cyoderEGYAX_1-1719278151483.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: cyoderEGYAX

You might be able to get to where you want to go by using View Reference/Family. 

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2025/ENU/?guid=GUID-A2E20369-8B83-4BE8-A4CF-2784D66F9A6A

Message 3 of 4
Mike.FORM

As @barthbradley said you could do this all in the view reference family, the problem would be that view references do not support instance parameters so you would not be able to rotate the arrow by itself with an instance. This would mean you would need a new view reference callout type for all the different angles.

It may be better to do this as a view reference for just the circle portion and then a detail item with a scale factor for the arrow that you can place at the same location and rotate whichever way you want.

MikeFORM_0-1719328673086.png

Message 4 of 4
handjonathan

Hi @cyoderEGYAX 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Have the solutions suggested by @barthbradley @Mike.FORM helped with your issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community! 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report