Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently changing Revit username in an organisation workshared environment

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
310 Views, 2 Replies

Permanently changing Revit username in an organisation workshared environment

I understand that the standard Revit username is generated at the start of every Revit session by the default Windows username of the organisation account.

Is it possible to permanently change the Revit username in a organisation computer without it defaulting back to the Windows account name? 

I am not discussing changing the username through Options, but a more permanent fix that ideally would not involve obtaining IT administrator rights.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure I understand the question.  Type any name want. It'll stay that way until you change it or sign in.  No? 

Message 3 of 3
SteveKStafford
in reply to: Anonymous

Like @barthbradley wrote, the default value is based on the logged in user but if you type something else in then that is maintained until you change it again. If you have to log into BIM 360 then your username must match your account ID. If your user name must change for any reason make sure you do that before you begin working on any project files. You can't change your user name once you're working in a local file. You have to keep the current user name until you synchronize and close the project.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators