Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path of Travel - No path found

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
PT_richarda
3506 Views, 13 Replies

Path of Travel - No path found

I can't seem to get the Path of Travel tool to work.

I'm testing it out in the sample files - with no changes to the native settings. But irrespective of the length of the desired path I receive a warning stating that No path is found.

I am complying with the listed requirements but can not work out what to do next.

Rich

Capture.JPG

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
ennujozlagam
in reply to: PT_richarda

hello, what version of revit are talking about. thanks

you can try to refer to this LINK if this is what you are asking for.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 14
PT_richarda
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Cheers. This is the new Revit 2020 tool found on the Analysis ribbon.

Rich
Message 4 of 14
loboarch

You are using the sample files that ship with Revit to test this?  Can you show an image of the plan you are working with and the 2 points you are selecting for the path?  Maybe then someone might be able to begin to understand what might be causing the analysis to fail.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 14
PT_richarda
in reply to: loboarch

Yes, I tried the tool using both of the RAC sample files - but here's another attempt using the rac_advanced_sample_project that ships with Revit 2020 AEC Collection;

[cid:image007.jpg@01D4F5C0.7225C1B0][cid:image009.jpg@01D4F5C0.7225C1B0]

Before I attempted this in both sample projects, I tried in a dummy project with a handful of walls and a floor, which didn't work - which is why I tried in the samples. I've attempted to run the tool over a variety of distances, including within the same room - but always with the same error notification.

... and I haven't changed the default analysis settings;

[cid:image010.jpg@01D4F5C0.7225C1B0]
I hope that's enough information to progress the ticket.

Rich.
Message 6 of 14
loboarch

@PT_richarda wrote:
Yes, I tried the tool using both of the RAC sample files - but here's another attempt using the rac_advanced_sample_project that ships with Revit 2020 AEC Collection;

[cid:image007.jpg@01D4F5C0.7225C1B0][cid:image009.jpg@01D4F5C0.7225C1B0]

Before I attempted this in both sample projects, I tried in a dummy project with a handful of walls and a floor, which didn't work - which is why I tried in the samples. I've attempted to run the tool over a variety of distances, including within the same room - but always with the same error notification.

... and I haven't changed the default analysis settings;

[cid:image010.jpg@01D4F5C0.7225C1B0]
I hope that's enough information to progress the ticket.

Rich.

Images can’t be seen. Try again. Use the “photo” button in the editor to place an in line image into the post.

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 7 of 14
PT_richarda

Sure - sorry about that.

I tried the tool using both of the RAC sample files – but here’s another attempt using the rac_advanced_sample_project that ships with Revit 2020 AEC Collection;

Path SelectionPath SelectionPath ErrorPath Error

… and I haven’t changed the default analysis settings;

RouteAnalysisSettings.jpg

Rich

Message 8 of 14
loboarch

I had no trouble creating the path you are showing in the sample model.  I don't know exactly what to tell you to check, but I had no problem. There must be something else going on with your installation.  Can you get it to work on a simple model, like a wall with a door in it, will the path generate then?  Maybe there is some 3rd party thing you are running that is causing interference?

2019-04-29_0756.png

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 9 of 14
PT_richarda

Thanks,

I ran a few additional checks and came to the conclusion that a reinstall was probably the next best step.

Hey-presto, it works now... gotta love software.

PathofTravel.JPG

Thanks for all of your time. Rich

Message 10 of 14
hmunsell

i receive this error a lot the past couple days. most of my errors revolve around clearances. the instructions say there needs to be at least 8" clearance for it to pass thru. i have found that not to be true. example, i have a 1'- 11" opening in a wall that the Path will not use. if i open the gap to 1'-11 1/4" the path will use it. i have another example where a door was 3" from the wall and the Path would not find it. if i nudge the door over to 4" from the wall and path works.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 14
loboarch
in reply to: hmunsell

@hmunsell wrote:

i receive this error a lot the past couple days. most of my errors revolve around clearances. the instructions say there needs to be at least 8" clearance for it to pass thru. i have found that not to be true. example, i have a 1'- 11" opening in a wall that the Path will not use. if i open the gap to 1'-11 1/4" the path will use it. i have another example where a door was 3" from the wall and the Path would not find it. if i nudge the door over to 4" from the wall and path works.

It is really hard to know what might be happening without a sample file that illustrates the issue or at least an image showing the problem so someone can try and reproduce.  I am not sure what instructions you are talking about that says there need to be at least 8" clearance.  That is too small.

Looking at this Help topic http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2020/ENU/?guid=GUID-1393ED58-3F0D-4BBA-AF89-87FBB9EACEB5 I would say the minimum opening you would need to pass through would be ~22". That jibes pretty close to the 1'-11 1/4" you are seeing. The topic does not really state a minimum required. It is dependent on the contextual conditions a bit.  

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 12 of 14
hmunsell

thank you for taking a look at this. attached is an example file i was preparing for our office "Whats New" class that i started seeing the issues in. i also attached a word doc of some of the other issues i have been having with the Path of Travel.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 13 of 14
Chad-Smith
in reply to: hmunsell

@hmunsell wrote:

i receive this error a lot the past couple days. most of my errors revolve around clearances. the instructions say there needs to be at least 8" clearance for it to pass thru. i have found that not to be true.

I agree with this statement. It has many issues with the pass-thru clearances.

Message 14 of 14
Dash.b.

I've had this problem on a couple projects and found that Revit links tend to really screw with Revit's ability to generate these lines. Try turning off all Revit links in the view. That worked for me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report