Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Protected PDF

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jamesgRPUFJ
480 Views, 7 Replies

Password Protected PDF

Hi, I've just went from Revit 2023 to 2024 and I'm finding an issue with importing certain PDF's. I get a message saying "The selected PDF (file name) is password protected and can't be opened". I have tried importing the exact same file into Revit 2023 and it works straight away.

Is there additional settings in Revit 2024 that I need to change to get it to work?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
RSomppi
in reply to: jamesgRPUFJ

Have you tried opening the PDF and  editing it to see if it is password protected in a PDF program?

Message 3 of 8
jamesgRPUFJ
in reply to: RSomppi

PDF opens and doesn't need password to access. Strange why it works in 2023 version and not 2024.

Message 4 of 8

The best way to open password-protected PDF files is to use the Softaken PDF Unlocker application. A few days ago, I too tried to figure out how to open PDF files. But it took me a few searches to locate this software. The feature of the PDF unlock tool to open many PDF files at once speeds up the opening process. This tool allows you to open PDF documents and remove passwords from them, and it operates with all Windows PCs. To see how the application succeeds, download the free trial version.

Message 5 of 8
ennujozlagam

https://in.indeed.com/career-advice/career-development/how-to-remove-pdf-password

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 6 of 8
dosoxar308

You can easily open password-protected PDF files and lock and unlock them. Use the pcinfotools PDF Unlocker program. Given the selected option, it is possible to swiftly and efficiently remove and secure password protection from one or more PDF files. To avoid printing, editing, and copying restrictions, this tool can protect your PDF file. Download the free trial version of the application to see how it functions. With Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, and earlier versions, the program runs properly.

Message 7 of 8
yuridavid387

If you want to open a password-protected PDF, the OSTtoPSTAPP PDF Open application can be ideal. This tool is easy to use and works well so users can remove passwords quickly. Upload the PDF file to the app, enter the password, and you’re ready to use this tool. Your PDF will open in minutes. Your information is safe with this tool as it follows strict security rules. You can easily access your important data when you use it.

Read More: https://www.osttopstapp.com/pdf-unlocker.html

Message 8 of 8
movimix377

Opening or editing password protected PDF files can be challenging at times, especially when you forget the password or have to enter it repeatedly. To solve this problem, you can use ToolsGround PDF Unlock Software. This software easily unlocks password protected PDF files, allowing you to access, copy or print documents without any interruption. Its specialty is that it is extremely simple to use and frees your PDF file from password in just a few minutes, without any data loss.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report