Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orthographic camera view hides walls.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
911 Views, 10 Replies

Orthographic camera view hides walls.

When using the camera to show a plan view so i can then render and measure lux levels,  some walls are not showing on the view. I have checked the visibility graphics and tried many different heights for the eye elevation and the target elevation. The phasing is also correct and i cant figure out why they wont show up (Should be vertical walls running between the beds, and between the doors etc).Capture.JPG

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you just use a 3d top view instead of a camera?
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

I dont think i can use that to see inside the building without using a section box which would affect my lux analysis later.

Message 4 of 11
ToanDN

How did you create the camera? Did you orient it to a floor plan view from the View Cube context menu?
Message 5 of 11
barthbradley

Increase your Far Clip Distance? 

Somewhere on this list of 33, is the answer: 

https://www.revitforum.org/tutorials-tips-tricks/441-cant-see-view-heres-33-reasons-maybe-why.html

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Yes, thats how i got there

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Made it larger and smaller all they do is remove other elements when it gets smaller but no effect when bigger.

Message 8 of 11
barthbradley

Can you clarify your workflow please? Are you actually creating a Camera View? Are you creating the View by placing a Camera on a Named Workplane in Section and pointed downwards, or are you Orienting a 3D View to the the Floor Plan View?  In other words, Cropped View or Section Boxed View?  

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

I created the camera on the first floor plan, with 'perspective' unchecked. Then went to that view that created, which starts as an elevation, used the cube to orientate to the top view and then set my 'eye elevation' above my First floor level. I have tried different combos of eye elevation and target elevation, nothing has worked!

Message 10 of 11
barthbradley

Try creating the way I described above.  In Plan View, draw a Named Ref. Plane at the location you want your Camera to be at.  Go to Section View, set Work Plane to that Named Ref. Plane, and then place the Camera pointed downwards in that View.  Check out the resulting 3D View.  

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Thank you so much that has worked this time had to place the camera when in section without perspective! Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report