Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object styles for imported cad plans only affect level on which plan is inserted

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
ambientarchitecture
722 Views, 9 Replies

Object styles for imported cad plans only affect level on which plan is inserted

I am importing a DWG site location map on level 0 and visible on all views. I want to change the hatch colour of the 

context buildings to grey by way of adjusting the object styles colour for that layer (so it affects all views). in the site plan and level 0 plan (and 3d) it works, on all other levels it doesnt change the hatch colour. 

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

  

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Use the Query tool to find out what Layer the hatch is on, and/or hide it in View.  

Message 3 of 10

thank you barthbradley,

I dont want to turn it off I just want to change the colour of the hatch from black to grey. 

one would think that the overrides in object styles would do that but it only works on the plan views corresponding to the level where I inserted the dwg. 

Message 4 of 10

View Visibility and Graphic Overrides=>Imported Categories=>Uncheck the box next to the Layer Name. That not working? 

Message 5 of 10

then the layer is off. I want to change the colour from black to grey

Message 6 of 10

If it's set to BYLAYER in the DWG, then you can change it's color in Revit under OBJECT STYLES.  

Message 7 of 10

thats what I have but it only works on the planview that the dwg was inserted in. on any higher levels 

where the dwg is still visible below, object styles doesnt change that appearance

Message 8 of 10

I need to see these files. RVT and DWG.  Can you post 'em?  

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ambientarchitecture

Hi, 

I am encountering with the same problem. I have a DWG on Level 0 and I can change its appearance by layer through object styles, however these changes will only appear in Level 0 not on the rest of my levels. Did you ever find out how to solve this?

Kind regards,

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ambientarchitecture

Nevermind!!!! A colleague sorted it out! So indeed the changes made to the DWG are only visible on the Level it is placed, however if you want to see those changes in any other level what you have to do is set the Bottom Plane on the View Range to the Level the DWG was placed.

For example, if you place a DWG on Level 0 and change its layers´colours and line weights on Object styles, you can then go to your Level 4 and in the view range set Bottom : Level 0. This way you will see the changes made to its layers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report