Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No storefront wall type

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
steve
3858 Views, 7 Replies

No storefront wall type

I have started a project a while back - lets call it "workproject"   - I believe it was an "architecture" type template.  When I try to create a storefront type curtain wall, there is none listed in the project browser.   https://goo.gl/wTSzFA. Perhaps "unused families" purge was done.  

if i start from scratch with either architecture or commercial type standard templates there are 3 curtain wall types, lets call this "testproject"  as I would expect.   https://goo.gl/1TQ8Gi      When I use manage / transfer project standards from testproject to workproject  to bring in the wall types not found in the work project, they still are not found in the workproject.  

Import Project Standards allows other wall types to be imported, but NOT curtainwall types.  How can I bring in Curtainwall types from other projects ?   

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: steve

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 8
steve
in reply to: ToanDN

duh.  Brilliant, of course!  Hiding in plain site.  Thanks ToanDN   that works.  

Message 4 of 8
steve

where is this "copy from" command found?  r2019

Message 5 of 8
ennujozlagam

any  revit version have (open a new file and your current file) then  go to manage and use transfer project standards to select those you need. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 6 of 8
juan9FK2B

A picture gave you the answer?

Message 7 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: juan9FK2B

@juan9FK2B wrote:

A picture gave you the answer?

Apparently.  To clarify, create a new project from the architectural template and Transfer Project Standards.  Then it will bring up the dialog for you to choose Curtain Wall types to copy.

Message 8 of 8
ryan.wilsonUD3M5

this doesn't work for me. still no storefront wall type... revit is the worst.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report