Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
386 Views, 4 Replies

need help

hi~~

here is the beginner trying to use revit and facing some big issue 

so i have made a model with several windows on it, and when i edit the height and the width on window A and the other window B and C  change too. then when i  went to edit window B and window A and C change too. 

i want all of them to be in different dimension, how can i fix this problem 

and i have never group my window together, i have no idea what is going on and what should i do to fix this problem. 

will prevaricate people who could help me fix this problem 

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kadmonkee
in reply to: Anonymous

your windows are constrained by a type parameter (dimension)

windows A,B,& C will always be the same dimensions because they have been built that way.

select a window and go into the EDIT TYPE button on the Properties panel 

Duplicate the Type in the top and Rename it to another type I named my examples as A,B, & C

(see image below)WINDOW_PARAMETERS_LI.jpg

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 3 of 5
ToanDN

Because they are of the same type.  Two ways:

- Select the window you want to change, edit Type, duplicate, and change the dimension

- If you have a lot of different heights and you want to just select a window and change it then Edit the family, go to an elevation, select the height dimension and tick Instance from the option bar on the ribbon.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Make sure all the windows are different types....  How are you changing the sizes by the way?  Are you editing the family directly?

Message 5 of 5
barthbradley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report