Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Language documents

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1005 Views, 3 Replies

Multi Language documents

I have a client requesting project documentation in two languages.  Multiple languages are now becoming a standard practice for client reviews and approvals.  We are using Revit base platforms (Arch, Structural, and MEP) for all disciplines.  Is there an English translation into other languages? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ryan.duell
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately there is no built-in approach within the application to achieve this; it would need to be manually translated \ pasted into Revit.  This has been requested at a few resources which I have included below:

http://www.revitforum.org/showthread.php/962-All-Verticals-Translate-all-Revit-Text-or-labels-in-the...projects

There are some third-party solutions, one of which I have included a link for from IMAGINiT:

http://store.imaginit.com/%2FIMAGINiT-Utilities-for-Revit-2012-StandAlone-P19.aspx

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.duell

Thanks for your response. 

Message 4 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Language translation of technical documents should be made by a translator, a human, not by an automatic machine-translator such as Google. The idea of Google Translate is to give you a quick and rough idea of the context of something that you found on the internet, but do not ever, ever, think of using that to translate a serious document that you are going to present to others, such as the technical information contained in an architectural or engineering project. I would not mark the above response as a solution.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators