Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model info disappeared in plan view

37 REPLIES 37
SOLVED
Message 1 of 38
dcontelmo032
1739 Views, 37 Replies

Model info disappeared in plan view

At some point while using AGACAD plugins, my model info disappeared from both my first and second floor plans. Has anyone had this happen before?

Revit 2020
Windows 10
Latest drivers: installed

37 REPLIES 37
Message 21 of 38
RobDraw
in reply to: barthbradley

@barthbradley wrote:

I'm lawyering up.   

...I'm thinking Johnnie Cochran. He got OJ off.  

I think those statements are pretty much an admission of guilt. You should have plead the 5th.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 22 of 38
barthbradley
in reply to: RobDraw

I prefer "the glove doesn't fit, so you must acquit" defense.  

Message 23 of 38
dcontelmo032
in reply to: ToanDN

To create the new floor plan I literally just drew a new level at the same elevation as my "01 - FIRST FLOOR PLAN" then used *right click* "Go to floor plan" for "Level 19."

Also just realizing that my elevations are the same. WAIT. Two of my elevations still show the way they should, and the model is invisible in the other two.

dcontelmo032_0-1670853319232.png

dcontelmo032_1-1670853349795.png

Message 24 of 38
barthbradley
in reply to: dcontelmo032

Set the Elevation View Far Clipping to No Clip and maybe move the Elevation Marker away from the Building in Plan View. 

Message 25 of 38
dcontelmo032

No changes...

dcontelmo032_0-1670856112274.png

Message 26 of 38
barthbradley

Check the View's Phase and Phase Filter.

Message 27 of 38
ToanDN

It is not how you create a new floor plan, you just open the exact same ole floor plan view, plus adding a new level at the same elevation as the old level is a bad idea. 

Please do it again per my previous post.

Message 28 of 38
dcontelmo032

I had no intention of keeping the level that I created, it was just for troubleshooting purposes. I created a save-as before attempting any of this.
See below:
The phasing is set to "Show All" 
I created the plan as you instructed duplicating the current "01 - FIRST FLOOR PLAN" 
(I have hidden elements viewer on, because otherwise it is just a blank screen)

dcontelmo032_0-1670858625616.png

Message 29 of 38
barthbradley

Here's a handy reference to use when you can't find/see stuff in the View:

https://www.revitforum.org/node/459

Message 30 of 38
ToanDN

I did not instruct you to duplicate the old floor plan because the copy will just carry all the bad settings from the old one.  Please read the steps to create a new floor plan view again.

Message 31 of 38
barthbradley

This would be a whole lot faster and easier to troubleshoot if you could just post your file here for us to look at.  Know what I mean? Beats the heck out of guessing. 😉 

Message 32 of 38
dcontelmo032

Okay, I unchecked [Do not duplicate existing views] Now what? I click on my current First Floor Plan and hit OK? Doesn't that mean I'm just duplicating that view? Tell me if I'm doing something wrong, but I followed your instructions and there is still no change.
Message 33 of 38
ToanDN

@dcontelmo032 wrote:
Okay, I unchecked [Do not duplicate existing views] Now what? I click on my current First Floor Plan and hit OK? Doesn't that mean I'm just duplicating that view? Tell me if I'm doing something wrong, but I followed your instructions and there is still no change.

Click OK to create a new plan view of the same level without any precedent overrides.  It is NOT the same as  create a new view using Duplicating from an existing view.  

Message 34 of 38
dcontelmo032

For all your viewing (dis)pleasure! I have created a Google Drive link to get around the 71MB upload limit.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1l4jXPZA15FBUsTARlpr_zVX3_2ccrkBB?usp=sharing

@barthbradley @ToanDN @RobDraw @RSomppi 

Tags (1)
Message 35 of 38
ToanDN

Like this?

ToanDN_0-1670866784855.png

Message 36 of 38
dcontelmo032

Sure! Can you walk me through how you got there? Or what the setting was that caused the issue?
Message 37 of 38
ToanDN

@dcontelmo032 wrote:
Sure! Can you walk me through how you got there? Or what the setting was that caused the issue?

It is a temporary fix.  There is something that obscures the model that probably causes by some add-in.  Also, when I un-crop the view and zoom extent it goes mad blank.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/screencast/Main/Details/d6f3606a-7076-4a49-b062-a3...

Message 38 of 38
dcontelmo032

So thank you to everyone, you've all been helpful.
@ToanDN you led me to the solution. I'm not sure why those two little structural elements from my add-on were obscuring several views, but I simply deleted them and that solved the problem. I'll be on the lookout for erroneous studs in the future as well. 
Case closed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report