Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule total

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
roscopeco2000
377 Views, 11 Replies

Schedule total

Hello  

I need some help please i am working on a schedule which works total amount of glazing % per room area. I have got the first part to work so it will divide the purge ventilation area/ the room area. I need it to combine each instance into a total so the 2x windows in test and the 2 in ROSS. So test would have a % of 20% and and ROSS would be 13.4%. Eventually i would like to do this for the whole house so total glazing to total house areas.

Thanks hope i have been clear  

Part O.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Can't you get there by Sorting/Grouping by Room Location with Footer and Calculating the Percentage of Room Glazing?   

Message 3 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: roscopeco2000

Share your file here then we can show you how to get it done.

Message 4 of 12

I would appreciate your thoughts both @ToanDN  and @barthbradley , i have saved as project with PART o schedule in. @barthbradley are you saying add totals at the bottom? can these they be referenced into a parameter?

Message 5 of 12

Isn't this what you want?

Part O.png

Part O 2.png

Message 6 of 12

Hi yes it is can i use the value from the total in the footer back into a parameter?

Message 7 of 12

To do what exactly?  Can you elaborate with pictures?  

Message 8 of 12

Message 9 of 12
ToanDN

Like this?

ToanDN_0-1670864182751.png

Message 10 of 12

So i want to get this total in pink circle back into the schedule, the below text i have found on another forum i think is what i am after. I just need to get my head round

Capture.PNG

Good, as this schedule trick is dependent on the sorting levels (calculated values have access to the sorting level totals), and you are working within the same sorting level. I think you can do this with (2) additional CVs.

Parameters you already have (I'm renaming them here):
roomArea (area of room), roomAreaLimit (10% of roomArea), windowArea (area of each window unit), roomOK (y/n)

Parameters you need:
windowAreaPercentage: calculated value Of windowArea By Room:Name (this is one of your sorting levels). This is each window's percentage of the total window area for that room.
windowAreaPercentageTotal: formula, Type: Area, windowArea / windowAreaPercent. This is the total window area for the room.

Now you need to adjust your roomOK formula to: not(windowAreaPercentageTotal > roomAreaLimit)

Message 11 of 12
ToanDN

@roscopeco2000 wrote:

So i want to get this total in pink circle back into the schedule, the below text i have found on another forum i think is what i am after. I just need to get my head round

Capture.PNG

The total circled in pink IS in the schedule so I don't understand your question.  Where do you want to show it exactly?

Message 12 of 12
roscopeco2000
in reply to: ToanDN

I don't count that as in the schedule, its a total as a footer to me. I want the total as a cell in the schedule. I need it display as cell so i can reference in a conditional format .

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators